Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your single favourite scene in a film ?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Until the end of the film. If I had to pick, Hawkeye running up the hill or Chingachgook and the axe.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Almost any scene from The Long Good Friday. '... and lads - try and be discreet, eh?'

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Zulu - when the soldiers are waiting for the imminent attack, and hear what sounds like a train in the distance (but is the zulus). V atmospheric.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Funny you should put that scene up Uncle because I watched it again ar Xmas and I asked my wife if she would go in his place. She said no but I said I wouldn’t hesitate for one moment. She replied what about her and the kids (they can fend for themselves now) and your forthcoming grandchild. I said I’d be back most probably within a few years - maybe.

She looked a bit put out but you’d have to go wouldn’t you ?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

Several scenes from The Battle of Britain strike a chord with me.

The above scene with the music showing the last major engagement.

The early scene where the German ambassador visits the British embassy and offers a well rehearsed speech direct from Hitler offering the security of the British Empire in exchange for free reign in Europe, and how Goering and his Luftwaffe would like to flatten London before they invade and the British ambassador cool as **** replies 'It's two lumps you take, isn't it?'

The scene where the RAF change their tactics and start attacking the Luftwaffe in numbers. The radio controller advises the pilots to be aware of friendly aircraft, one of the pilots says something along the lines of 'I see em, I see em! Bloody marvelous.'

The final scene where Sir Hugh Dowding (Laurence Olivier) looks to the clear skies and realises the battle is won.

Incredible piece of film making which I wish was played in every History class in this country.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
How to build tension in a film using music, part 1:

[yt]MQoBE3VbSNI[/yt]

How to build tension in a film using music, part 2:

[yt]vgz-CKRzs-4[/yt]

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The Newsteam fight in Anchorman.
"No commercials? NO MERCY!"

Least favourite. The stampede scene in Lion King. I'm still emotionally building myself up for the day I introduce my daughter to the film and she asks "Daddy, why are you crying?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here