Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your single favourite scene in a film ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[yt]0jxVnlRdelU[/yt]

I watched this again recently. Simply magnificent acting.

[yt]EDFvh2rnlNY[/yt]

And a quite STUNNING re-enactment. This Brandon Hardesty guy is something else.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Such an intense scene. Vincent D'onofrio was born to play Private Pyle. Immense scene.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Such an intense scene. Vincent D'onofrio was born to play Private Pyle. Immense scene.

As great as that scene is, Gunnery Sergeant Hartman's monologue scene, often replicated, couldn't have told you more about the Marine Corp than it did in 5 amazing minutes. Hilarious and terrifying at the same time. What a great film.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As great as that scene is, Gunnery Sergeant Hartman's monologue scene, often replicated, couldn't have told you more about the Marine Corp than it did in 5 amazing minutes. Hilarious and terrifying at the same time. What a great film.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman was actually hired as an advisor from the forces for the film but he was so good they gave him the part - he was in the military

Private Piles smirk to this is day is very funny

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman was actually hired as an advisor from the forces for the film but he was so good they gave him the part - he was in the military

I did know that, R. Lee Ermey as well as earning medals for bravery in Vietnam, also did the voice over of the sergeant solider in the Toy Story trilogy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here