Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's a SENSIBLE price (including travel) for the Coventry Cup tie?

What's a SENSIBLE price (including travel) for the Coventry Cup tie?

• £10

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • £15

Votes: 122 40.7%
  • £20

Votes: 119 39.7%
  • £25

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • £30

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • £35 or more

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I think the maximum away configuration for the ground is 4,500.

Plenty.

It'll sell out to albion fans if the price is good.

There SHOULD be no such thing and nor should there be. I don't want to be one of those clubs who don't/might not sell vast swathes of seats to home fans that could have been taken by the away team only for some jobsworth H&S twunt to say no and make us look tinpot on a national level or deny the club(s) revenue.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There SHOULD be no such thing and nor should there be. I don't want to be one of those clubs who don't/might not sell vast swathes of seats to home fans that could have been taken by the away team only for some jobsworth H&S twunt to say no and make us look tinpot on a national level or deny the club(s) revenue.
But get the price right - and be a daytime weekend game - and we'll have 25k albion fans at the match.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But get the price right - and be a daytime weekend game - and we'll have 25k albion fans at the match.

Agreed. £15 and it sells out. £20 and it will, give or take.

Let's not forget for all the Palace complaining at only getting 2,000 they barely sold out, if they did at all (they still had a handful of tickets left on the morning of the game).

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would fully expect Coventry City to sell their full allocation, so the ticket price needs to be sensible to ensure that we have at least 15,000 home fans.

Personally I doubt if travel will be included but think £20 is sensible.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
If Coventry fans don't want to give money to their club I think we should support that by only charging £5.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If Coventry fans don't want to give money to their club I think we should support that by only charging £5.

Nearly 8,000 of them paid "Adults - Season Ticket holders £15 / Non Season Ticket holders £17" for MK Dons, so I don't think we need to be too worried about pricing for this one.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Coventry took as many away to MK Dons (just under 8k) on Saturday as they average at home. They should bring decent numbers down particularly if it’s priced right. Should be a good atmosphere.

I think this could be a 20k plus gate so expect the ticket price will include the travel. So I’d say £20 adult ticket.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
£20 incl travel or £15 and then put on P&R at £3 a head.
Even better, kids really cheap (one per adult) plus lots of 'money making' stalls at the ground.
And only one day for ST to book and then a free for all.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
£10 and get it sold out. No travel included. That would be my preference, slightly selfishly!

Do what Villa did against us for a similar round a few years back - ten pounds and make a nice gesture!

Why exclude travel as that would also deter quite a few!! Sounds stupid but no hassle when it's all included, especially for those not in Brighton!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
After the HOWLER in the third round, what do you consider to be a sensible Adult price for Albion v Coventry, assuming it's a Saturday 3pm and with the match ticket to include travel?

Same as for the last home round £25 with travel, very reasonable, can't wait.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
£25 east/west but with concessions all around the ground for an afternoon game. £20 north and south. Travel included. Wembley priority.

Actually, I think the near pitch bit down the sides off-centre is too expensive as it is, and that should fairly be £22.

Last edited:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Whatever price will fill the stadium and create a magnificent atmosphere from both sets of fans. (I went for £15)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here