Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coventry at HOME

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Has BT Sport written all over it, BBC will show City on the Friday evening and Chelsea on the Saturday evening/Sunday afternoon.

Totally pointless Showing Chelsea thump Hull. City nailed on and Man Utd at Udders also

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Totally pointless Showing Chelsea thump Hull. City nailed on and Man Utd at Udders also

Plus Chelsea are in Champions League action against Barcelona the following Tuesday and wont be playing on the Sunday.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Chelsea, Man U, Man C, Spurs shoe-in for telly; we'll be in the mix with Leicester-Sheff U and WBA-Soton for the fifth game, doubt Wednesday - Notts/Swansea will make the cut

and lets face it, both those games are more attractive for telly than ours. WBA-Soton maybe only all-prem tie. Actually wednesday-swansea more attractive too. We'll be Saturday at 3

I agree

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea would be of interest for live coverage on the box. Carlos potentially making a quick return to Hillsborough.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm delighted with this. Home tie, another chance for the stiffs to shine against a solid in form team and what should be a massive and loud away crowd. I presume JMD can't play?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Chelsea, Man U, Man C, Spurs shoe-in for telly; we'll be in the mix with Leicester-Sheff U and WBA-Soton for the fifth game, doubt Wednesday - Notts/Swansea will make the cut

and lets face it, both those games are more attractive for telly than ours. WBA-Soton maybe only all-prem tie. Actually wednesday-swansea more attractive too. We'll be Saturday at 3

This.

Unless there's a TV company sympathy vote for the sad plight of the 1987 winners.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Coventry could be lowest place team still left in the competition so I wouldn't write it off being on TV.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This.

Unless there's a TV company sympathy vote for the sad plight of the 1987 winners.

That and they are likely to be the lowest ranked club still in it.

They showed Burnley v Lincoln at the same stage last season - not a million miles away in terms of the club's profiles and league standings. Coventry probably have more of a story for the reason you state.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we didn't even manage 15,000 for the Palace game in 3rd round then it could be just the North stand and the South stand

I know we have to allow a certain minimum amount of seats for away fans in the FA Cup (10% is it?) - I don't know for definite. But in this case, I think PB should see the benefit of letting them have a lot more seats - and not over-pricing them either. Can't see any reason why we can't accommodate 5 - or even 10 - thousand Cov. fans......so long as we make the home tickets cheap enough so that home fans don't get seriously outnumbered.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Karma for Boro away in the last round.

Shame there's not a big game shoot out to make the next round slightly better.

I bet plod are pleased to see Millwall v Spurs. Shame it wasn't v Chelsea.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
At the same stage last year, Conference side Lincoln won away to Premier League side Burnley. That match was televised. As Coventry are the lowest ranked side left and drawn away to a Premier League team, I'd say there is a fair chance of the game being selected for TV if there are 5 ties being broadcast, not least because Coventry have already eliminated one Premier League side which has created interest in their cup run and indeed there is a "back story" with them being memorable former FA Cup winners who have fallen a long way due to the mismanagement of their club.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Looking forward to this one.. always had a soft spot for Coventry since that Houchen diving header (back in the days that the FA Cup actually meant something to people) and pleased to see them challenging at the right end of the table... hopefully the club price it sensibly and both sets of fans turn out to create an atmosphere and bring some of the romance back to the cup. 3pm Saturday kickoff for me please.. TV can sod off and let us have this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here