Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30/1 - 31/1

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Goes to show the importance of not selling your best player. Liverpool and Arsenal sold theirs and got beaten by a very poor Swansea team in the following match.

We have been a better team than Swansea all season and have just strengthened further, we will not be below them at the end of the season.

I agree with you that fatal to sell the best player, but Liverpool beat ManC after Coutinho was sold.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Several posters pinning all our hopes on Southampton away tomorrow evening, lose and the end is near.

It's only January.

Southampton winning will not determine our fate.
may be only January but we've only got 13 games left after tomorrow, they're gonna run out pretty quick especially with the run in we have.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
After we went 1-3 down to Liverpool, I thought we should have shut up shop (if we could) to avoid conceding the fourth. It came too quickly though.

What are you on about? Liverpool scored their 3rd in the 48th min, this put them 3-0 up, we pulled one back 3 mins later. Liverpool didn’t score their 4th until the 87th min. I don’t think a gap of 30 mins plus can be described as happening too quickly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Arsenal are shithouse.
Unbelievable. When losing against top 6 sides, most said it's the games against the other teams that will decide our fate. It's starting to look like we were wrong.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unbelievable. When losing against top 6 sides, most said it's the games against the other teams that will decide our fate. It's starting to look like we were wrong.

I genuinely wasn't one of the most.

I think a lot of Albion fans must have always tuned out of the PL, until we made it there.

Palace and Bmuff to name just 2, have had several wins against top 6 teams in recent seasons, which effectively kept them up.

To rely entirely on games against the other 13 clubs narrows chances of getting vital points.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
TIME. Is. Running. Out.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Goes to show the importance of not selling your best player. Liverpool and Arsenal sold theirs and got beaten by a very poor Swansea team in the following match.

We have been a better team than Swansea all season and have just strengthened further, we will not be below them at the end of the season.

Bollocks Salah is Liverpools best player and Arsenal held on to Sanchez as long as they could despite everyone crying that they should have sold him in the summer otherwise they are throwing away millions etc etc headed up by MOTD. Arsenal also managed to lose to bottom half teams WITH Sanchez it isnt like it has made much difference. Sanchez is a talent that cant be denied but he is needy and not only in a massive salary way he has to be the centre of your team and that is not always a positive.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
We still lost to Huddersfield and WBA recently so I dont think so. We just have to make sure we get the points where we can and that there are still 3 teams below us the same as every other team is doing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I genuinely wasn't one of the most.

I think a lot of Albion fans must have always tuned out of the PL, until we made it there.
I don't think that's the reason.
Palace and Bmuff to name just 2, have had several wins against top 6 teams in recent seasons, which effectively kept them up.

To rely entirely on games against the other 13 clubs narrows chances of getting vital points.
It's not that people thought we should rely on games against the other 13 clubs, just that it was most likely that's where our points would come from (which has proven correct). Our recent performances away to West Brom and Huddersfield haven't helped. But while many thought it would be our games against the other 13 that mattered most, I guess most didn't expect us to be the only club to get 0 points against the top 6. It's not over yet, but it's not looking good.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We still lost to Huddersfield and WBA recently so I dont think so.
Indeed those results play a part, but if we go down by a small margin, having got nothing off of the top 6 sides, surely we'll have to look at those games as a large part of the problem?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
No getting away from the fact that the Swansea result is not great for us, but if we are going to stay up we need to be winning our own games, not worrying about everyone else. 3 points tonight would be a fantastic start to this run of 'easier' games, but a point would still be decent tonight.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think that's the reason.
It's not that people thought we should rely on games against the other 13 clubs, just that it was most likely that's where our points would come from (which has proven correct). Our recent performances away to West Brom and Huddersfield haven't helped. But while many thought it would be our games against the other 13 that mattered most, I guess most didn't expect us to be the only club to get 0 points against the top 6. It's not over yet, but it's not looking good.

I always thought we'd lose all 6. Anything other than that would be a pleasant surprise to me.

I looked forward to the other 26 games, as we had a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here