Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Riddle me this...

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Great shout on the letter "A".

Maybe the next letters will be D I V O R C E!

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
Don’t worry lads... more clues pending...

0e2e39aa5a01f25c03e3ec4d30e48d74.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Could be first letter of colours.

Paper clues:
1. ?
2. 'e' - half = middle letter of 'friends'
3. 'u'

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
ANGNEU - do you know what order they're coming in, or how many more?

PS - the grammar police will tell you that it should be 'Whom do I love the most' - but I wouldn't point it out, or you might not get your trip at all....

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
ANGNEU - do you know what order they're coming in, or how many more?

PS - the grammar police will tell you that it should be 'Whom do I love the most' - but I wouldn't point it out, or you might not get your trip at all....

No- random order and I have no idea how many letters the answer is. All I know is its somewhere that involves a flight, and those letters.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
No- random order and I have no idea how many letters the answer is. All I know is its somewhere that involves a flight, and those letters.

At least we know it's a flight, that helps! What happens if you don't get the riddle right - staycation??

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I could be talking nonsense but the way I read Number 2 was that it’s going to be a letter that appears in half of the names of the characters in Friends. The fact she refers to “the friends” makes me think people, not word. So it could be C, R, A or H as they are all in three of Joey, Chandler, Rachel, Ross, Phoebe and Monica.

I agree with your thinking about the use of the term ‘the friends’, although am thinking this could be a more personal clue that may relate to their own circle of close friends. Sorry the jury is still out for me on the letter to that clue leaving us with
A,N,G,N,?,U.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
You could be right. The only issue is there would be some blurred lines between who she sees as friends and who he sees as friends. They’d be unlikely to come up with exactly the same list of people, so how could he be expected to work out the letter?

Unless, of course, they have a particular group they actually refer to as “the friends”.

My thinking is based on this, that they have a circle of friends close to them as a couple.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
She means Friends, the TV show.

So the answer to this clue could either be the letter ‘A’ or ‘H’ with either of those letters being in half of the Friends names : Chandler, Rachel, Monica, Joey, Ross & Phoebe - giving you A, N, G, N, A, U or A, N, G, N, H, U

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I could be talking nonsense but the way I read Number 2 was that it’s going to be a letter that appears in half of the names of the characters in Friends. The fact she refers to “the friends” makes me think people, not word. So it could be C, R, A or H as they are all in three of Joey, Chandler, Rachel, Ross, Phoebe and Monica.

So, now it's confirmed it is 'Friends' as on TV, we're here. But the thing is, all her other clues have only had one letter as the possible answer (I think?). So, to have four possibilities seems unlikely. Is there a different way of looking at this to narrow it down?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here