Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ashley Barnes 18-19 Season

D

Deleted member 2719

I still feel if Baldrick could get injury free he could do a similar sort of job, and I do rate Barnes.

Baldrick is a little shorter though, and we know height is an issue with PL players.

Your right Messi would never make the Premier league.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Let’s not be to blinkered
He has limitations but is great at leading the line as he puts himself about and he’s one of those strikers as a CB you willl walk off knowing you have been in a game.

plus .... he creates space for team mates by drawing in concerned defenders, pops up with vital PL goals and is great at defending set pieces (like Muzza).

But apart from all that.

D

Deleted member 2719

No idea about who wins pens for Burnley. I've always been a Barnes fan. Just saying Muzz deserves his pens and his record is a fair bit better.

I still don't see it as a fair bit better, i still thinks he slows our play up with too many constant offsides, hence stops us getting any real flow going.

As long as he keeps taking his chances i can not argue too much, but i just wonder how many more chances we would get if we kept onside more often, that's all.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I still don't see it as a fair bit better, i still thinks he slows our play up with too many constant offsides, hence stops us getting any real flow going.

As long as he keeps taking his chances i can not argue too much, but i just wonder how many more chances we would get if we kept onside more often, that's all.

Fair play - we have Jurgen now who looks like a different kind of animal - but if we stay up this season that'll be largely down to Glenn and his experience and wily ways.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Even if West Brom get a last minute equaliser, they are DOOMED.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I bet Barnes gets heavily featured on MOTD tonight in the analysis, I've no idea how he didn't get man of the match today, he was magnificent. Bullied their CB's all afternoon and pulled them all over the place, his movement was brilliant, his sheer workrate and determination tremendous, and his finish for his goal not too shabby either. The complete CF display. There's not much in the way of finesse, but when he's on that kind of form he is hugely effective.

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
I bet Barnes gets heavily featured on MOTD tonight in the analysis, I've no idea how he didn't get man of the match today, he was magnificent. Bullied their CB's all afternoon and pulled them all over the place, his movement was brilliant, his sheer workrate and determination tremendous, and his finish for his goal not too shabby either. The complete CF display. There's not much in the way of finesse, but when he's on that kind of form he is hugely effective.

............. so why was he rubbish when he played for us........:ffsparr::ffsparr:

................ and yes, I am joking. Always liked him.

Jan 10, 2014

The Beast from the South East

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I'm genuinely puzzled by your username [MENTION=14720]DumLum[/MENTION]. What does the 'Lum' bit mean?

I see what you did there...that's hilarious :jester:

Do you actually believe we need him back? Think of our current strikers he would be fourth choice at best?

I would have been happy to have Wood back in the squad out of the two of them myself.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

[tweet]969945034715025409[/tweet]

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
So Barnes and Wood score today, we just need Murray tomorrow for a full house for the Albion team of 2011 this weekend.
Amazing that Poyet managed to get us scoring goals with those bare bones of striking resources...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here