Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ashley Barnes 18-19 Season

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Barnes scored a goal................ and in other news........

There really are some obsessive people on here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why? He is a classic kiwi, not emotive, the highs should be treated as far as possible as the same as the lows. Their culture is to see people as equals and they know their job. See the All Blacks

He came back from China, to Withdean with a definite attitude, as if playing in an international team as a teenager, made him too good for us. He looked like he had a bad smell under his nose.
Whenever he scored against us, he treated it as if it was proof of his superiority. I also watched him trying to get Dunk sent off at Elland Road.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He came back from China, to Withdean with a definite attitude, as if playing in an international team as a teenager, made him too good for us. He looked like he had a bad smell under his nose.
Whenever he scored against us, he treated it as if it was proof of his superiority. I also watched him trying to get Dunk sent off at Elland Road.

Don’t become a phycologist

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Never warmed to him either and his goal celebrations when he scored for Millwall (?) at the Amex were way over the top. Yes he is doing well but I am not sorry we didn’t sign him. Now Barnes I feel totally different about.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Why? He is a classic kiwi, not emotive, the highs should be treated as far as possible as the same as the lows. Their culture is to see people as equals and they know their job. See the All Blacks

I didn't say I disliked kiwis, it's not a race thing, I said I disliked chris wood. We had a thread on this a while back where I voiced my opinion on him. Wrong place to discuss a footballer is NSC:rolleyes:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I think we can all agree that Barnes is an awesome player.

Powerful, hard working, clinical finishing and he is now a Premier League regular, keeping out of their team some strikers who were thought to be better than him.

Not surprised. I just hope he has a stinker against us next month.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I think we can all agree that Barnes is an awesome player.

Powerful, hard working, clinical finishing and he is now a Premier League regular, keeping out of their team some strikers who were thought to be better than him.

Not surprised. I just hope he has a stinker against us next month.

Even AB's detractors - Burnley or Brighton - can hardly dispute that the Clarets have more than got their £450,000-money's worth out of him.:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even AB's detractors - Burnley or Brighton - can hardly dispute that the Clarets have more than got their £450,000-money's worth out of him.:)

Could have got him for nothing 3 months later!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here