Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup 5th round draw

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Chelsea are in the Champions League at home to Barcelona on Tuesday 20th, so that's a factor for TV.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As for the Cup, the risk of becoming a 'laughing stock' is far outweighed by a home draw against a lower league team.
On the contrary, the risk of becoming a 'laughing stock' is brought about by a home draw against a lower league team. If we'd drawn one of the Mancs, or Chelsea for example, and lost, we'd just be out of the cup, but not a laughing stock (unless we lost by a cricket score). If we balls it up against Coventry, we would well and truly be a laughing stock - far more so than just having a dodgy start to a season!.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Doubt we will be on TV.

There are bigger games unfortunately in the eyes of TV companies.

shame as Prem v L2 would be good for the neutral with the slighest of chances of an upset.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Five games were televised last year. That's 5 of 8.

Assuming it's the same number this year who would be your 5...

Sheffield Wednesday v Notts County/Swansea
West Brom v Southampton
Chelsea v Hull
Leicester v Sheffield United
Huddersfield/Birmingham v Manchester United
Millwall/Rochdale v Newport County or Tottenham
Brighton v Coventry
Wigan v Manchester City

Fair enough - that's a high proportion of games.

That said, Albion v Coventry doesn't fulfill any of these criteria:
a. Chance of a giant-killing with lower league team at home to Premier League side.
b. Opportunity to show one of the big names (e.g City, United, Chelsea, Spurs) home or away.
c. Lower Premier League side against top 6 side in Championship - chance of upset based on form

If it was Coventry at home to the Albion, I think it would be one of the top choices.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would have thought £10 could be a good call. Any more than that and it will be half empty.

Which on previous experience may be exactly what they want- it’s less hassle to run the place when less people turn up I guess. #lazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comedian? Rather the stadium was half full with fans than full with 50% of those being tourists!!!

5th round of the cup I would expect tickets to be at least £25

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
On the contrary, the risk of becoming a 'laughing stock' is brought about by a home draw against a lower league team. If we'd drawn one of the Mancs, or Chelsea for example, and lost, we'd just be out of the cup, but not a laughing stock (unless we lost by a cricket score). If we balls it up against Coventry, we would well and truly be a laughing stock - far more so than just having a dodgy start to a season!.

My point was more that we should be delighted with a 5th Round Cup draw at home against the 7th placed team in Division 2.

Yes, the possibility of losing at home is there. But one can't have it both ways.

I'd far rather have Coventry at home than Chelsea / City / United.

Wouldn't most supporters?

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
An attraction for tv is that (assuming Newport get knocked out) Coventry will probably be the lowest placed team left.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Coventry took enough away to outnumber the home fans vs MK in last round.
Attendance: 14,925 (7,833 away)

Hope for another good away turnout and reduced pricing- was charged £18 for 'Boro, similar would ensure a full house and good atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here