Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - Middlesbrough (a)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally I think he’s too predictable in the Prem. He always likes to take people on and last season he generally succeeded. This year he doesn’t. At WBA they had two of even three on him at times and he always tried to take them on and always lost the ball. Had he passed to a team mate he’d have dragged two or three out of position in the move. And if the opponents were never sure if he’d take them on or pass they’d think twice about doubling up on him so he’d have a bit more space and time. As it was they always knew what he’d do so acted accordingly. He needs to learn when to go and when to pass.

The trouble for me is that he is so one footed. Just show him inside to where another midfielder or defender is and he’s buggered. He needs to be able to go both ways. In the championship his pace would help him. Now he’s up against defenders who are equally athletic, together with less space to run in to.

Izquierdo is similar in that he always comes inside on to his right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The trouble for me is that he is so one footed. Just show him inside to where another midfielder or defender is and he’s buggered. He needs to be able to go both ways. In the championship his pace would help him. Now he’s up against defenders who are equally athletic, together with less space to run in to.

Izquierdo is similar in that he always comes inside on to his right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. On MOTD they highlighted this in the Man U game.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Krul 6
Rosenior 6
Goldson 6
Hunemeier 6
Suttner 5
Knockaert 5
Stephens 5
(Propper H-T, 6),
Kayal 6
Skalak 5
(Izquierdo 61min, 6)
Baldock 5
Hemed 5
(Murray 72min, 5)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What a long journey but good to see a win
Krul 7 Bit flappy but clean sheet
Rossenior 6 ok
Uwe 7 Good game could play anywhere at back
Goldson 6 OK
Stevens 7 Good half
Kayal 7 Still think is our best midfielder
Knockaert 6 Average but most likely to do something
Hemed 3 Does nothing Can say doesnt get ball but runs into space are non existant
Baldock 4 Is not answer
Skalak 5 How on earth was he an international

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Krul 7 good save pushed on to the post but flapped at crosses
Rosenior 6 steady
Goldson 7 quite solid
Hunemeier 7 quite solid
Suttner 7 overlapped well got some decent crosses in
Knockaert 5 not really at the races
Stephens 6 nothing spectacular
Kayal 7 solid
Skalak 7 good game sorely lacking in pace when needed
Hemed 5 not great
Baldock 6 tried but not great

Propper 7 played well
Izquierdo 7 played well needs to try crossing himself more
Murray 7 last 15 min we outclassed boro. these 3 subs turned the game. we contained well then blew em away at the end

crazy ratings - clearly didn't see the game imo

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
crazy ratings - clearly didn't see the game imo
Yes I was there. Thought we did a very professional job. They had most of the game but we contained them well. (Apart from Traore). When we had the ball we passed it around well without hurting Boro. Then last 15 minute we were only team likely to score from open play. Hence the subs getting 7s. That's when we looked dangerous. You seem to forget we were away to a good team and we won.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Yes I was there. Thought we did a very professional job. They had most of the game but we contained them well. (Apart from Traore). When we had the ball we passed it around well without hurting Boro. Then last 15 minute we were only team likely to score from open play. Hence the subs getting 7s. That's when we looked dangerous. You seem to forget we were away to a good team and we won.

Lots of 3,4 5 in others ratings.......which is a much fairer reflection of that performance

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Lots of 3,4 5 in others ratings.......which is a much fairer reflection of that performance
Well in my opinion all far too low. It was an away at a good team. They hardly threatened us. The pessimists are out in full force on here today. 5.6.7s ain't exactly outstanding scores. Notice I never gave any 8s or 9s. Despite a very good away win.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Krul 7
Rosenior 6
Goldson 6
Hunemeier 7
Suttner 6
Knockaert 4
Stephens 5
Kayal 6
Skalak 4
Hemed 3
Baldock 5

Propper 7
Izquierdo 7
Murray 8

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Well in my opinion all far too low. It was an away at a good team. They hardly threatened us. The pessimists are out in full force on here today. 5.6.7s ain't exactly outstanding scores. Notice I never gave any 8s or 9s. Despite a very good away win.

pessemists??? realists - yes

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
In last 15 minutes we were by far better team and more likely to score - all three subs a step up from Boro team

We were getting into away game counter attack mode we were so good at for last two seasons

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
They can all have 10 for me. I dislike Boro immensely for their antics during and post the promotion showdown, beating them in the last minute with a jammy goal has made me really rather happy.

Absolutely this! Except all 9's apart from Muzza who gets 10 for his wonderful finish. What a Baller our man is!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Everybody a 2. Defence didn’t know how to get it to midfield and midfield didn’t know how to pass a ball to one of our own players. Attack clueless. Awful game.

Only from player commentary but we did seem better in 2nd half.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The Sunday Times go :

Krul 7
Rosenoir 7
Goldson 7
Hunemeier 7
Suttner 6
Knockaert 6
Stephens 6 (Propper 7)
Kayal 7
Skalak 6 (Iz 7)
Baldock 6
Hemed 6 (Murray 6)

which seems about right on what I have read here

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Worth remembering that Boro are the team we swapped places with last summer, a lot of their players are still there and they strengthened their squad by a similar amount to us in the summer.

They played more or less their first team, we put out very much a ftinge team, despite all of this we matched them all over the pitch, then with the introduction of just 3 first team regulars, we were the better team, last 15 mins or so, i could only see one winner.

On the subject of Knocky and riskyhairdo, they are very predictable, both want to cut inside all the time to shoot, i know thats what you get with inverted wingers but i'd like to see them switch every now and then, get to the by line and cross, just gives the opposition something else to think about.

Overall happy with yesterday, but would like to see us put out a stronger side from here on in. I noticed both Spurs and Liverpool put out more or less first choice teams yesterday, ok neither got the expected results but at least they were looking like they want to get to the next round.

I know all the excuses about survival is more important blah blah blah, but winning breeds confidence and do Spurs and Liverpool have less to play for? Risking Champions league football is pretty huge for those clubs.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
The Sunday Times go :

Krul 7
Rosenoir 7
Goldson 7
Hunemeier 7
Suttner 6
Knockaert 6
Stephens 6 (Propper 7)
Kayal 7
Skalak 6 (Iz 7)
Baldock 6
Hemed 6 (Murray 6)

which seems about right on what I have read here

Very similar to my ratings. Yet bhawoddy said mine were crazy.! Not sure why most here have gone so low on ratings. We wasn't that bad, I know it wasn't a classic but wasn't dreadful either.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Great to see Liam getting good ratings. I know he was pants at Bournemouth, but I think we've somehow failed to make the most of his Premier League experience this season, especially with Sidwell missing. There are times I think he could have been used as a wide midfield player instead of Knockaert ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here