Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I've always been a big fan of Uwe's

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have always had a lot of respect for Uwe, seems a quality bloke too.
Likewise.

On a side note: in a linked article toward the bottom of that story, it states Newcastle are demanding £50M for Mitrovich.
Just pay the man and damn his insolence.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
The way he stepped in for those 7 or 8 games at the end of last season should never be forgotten. We were all so, so worried when Duffy got injured and thought that could be a real promotion blow but Uwe was absolutely phenomenal in those games overall.

Summed up in a nutshell. A bit of a cliche but it’s a squad game, he wasn’t first choice once Duffy was recruited but when needed he stepped up brilliantly at the end of last season. And if we’d had a very poor start to the season, injury or suspensions to D or D then he may have had a chance this season. As it stands and with his contract about to expire, it’s likely he’ll return home.

Not sure I could cope with missing my kids for large parts of the year like he has done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure I could cope with missing my kids for large parts of the year like he has done.
It's the second time this has been mentioned.

If IF both of Uwe's 'homes' are well placed he could possibly get from one to the other quicker, more reliably and considerably cheaper than someone living in say Goring and working in central London.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Excellent player who if he goes will be difficult to replace. i think all the fans hold him in high regard , best of luck though for which ever choice he makes/is made.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Excellent player who if he goes will be difficult to replace. i think all the fans hold him in high regard , best of luck though for which ever choice he makes/is made.

What?!? No awful German stereotyping! Oh well, I guess you reserve that ‘talent’ for the Geordie people. Heh heh.

I do agree though, he is an outstanding player who we should look to retain if we do face the drop.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
It's the second time this has been mentioned.

If IF both of Uwe's 'homes' are well placed he could possibly get from one to the other quicker, more reliably and considerably cheaper than someone living in say Goring and working in central London.

True enough and lots of examples to draw upon. People send their kids to boarding school and don’t see them for weeks and lots of construction workers often work away during the week. Personal choice of course and more often than not it’ll be needs must (Uwe will be on a better wage here than if he’d stayed at Paderborn, for example). I did the long commute for a while with a young family and hated it.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Ive always thought he was both a good player and a great team member. I had expected him to be a potential captain by now. However we have had real riches in central defence with Dunk, Duffy, Goldson and Hunemeier. In some ways we may never know just how good he could have been

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
giphy.gif

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
TBH I have more confidence on the rare occasion when Uwe is called upon, than I do Connor.
So this headline (not the actual story beneath :whistle: ) is a shame, although in no way a surprise.

Uwe Huenemeier admits his Brighton and Hove Albion future is in doubt

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15901275.Huenemeier_admits_his_future_is_in_doubt/?ref=twtrec

Oh nuts I've just realised what I've done, praising a defender on the morning of a game.
Thank god it's 'only' the FA cup.

Sorry for the wasted journey folks!

Absolute disaster if true. I really rate Uwe.

theboybilly

I'll always remember Uwe at Hillsborough in the 0-0 draw a couple of years ago. Wedneday sent on a lump of a substitute who decided to give Uwe a clump first thing. The BFG shrugged it off. Just as he did the Leeds knobhead at Elland Road.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What?!? No awful German stereotyping! Oh well, I guess you reserve that ‘talent’ for the Geordie people. Heh heh.

I do agree though, he is an outstanding player who we should look to retain if we do face the drop.

Let's put my 'poor' humour in context. This was about the potential buying of Mitrovic. Someone had previously posted a link on the Camarasa thread that a Spanish fan had but a comment roughly translated as ' i'll drive him to the airport'. A theme you will be aware of on this board especially around Ashley Barnes. Now given Mitrovic is a marmite player I thought it would be 'funny' to say some Geordie fans would also drive him here. It would have lost its impact just saying that, the poor choice was using a 'Geordie translator' site.

I have no malice to Geordies have always found them friendly.

now I am going to go on with the rest of my life

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Been very very good for us and joined at a time when we started to quite rapidly go in the right direction. I've always been struck by how professional he's been in response to not getting in the first team, something that Hemed also showed a lot last year when he didn't start much. IMO this makes it all the more surprising that we're after Mitrovic. Having good personalities and togetherness within the squad is a desirable quality for most managers but for CH it seems to be essential. Can't imagine he or the players would be too impressed with Mitrovic turning up in his DJ.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The best car I ever had was an oldish BMW 318i 5 door (old shape, '89) ... solid, quality, not spectacular, utterly reliable.
230,000 miles with limited costs to keep it going.
He's not had the opportunity to put in the hours on the pitch for us .... but... has he ever let us down?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
The best car I ever had was an oldish BMW 318i 5 door (old shape, '89) ... solid, quality, not spectacular, utterly reliable.
230,000 miles with limited costs to keep it going.
He's not had the opportunity to put in the hours on the pitch for us .... but... has he ever let us down?

Never

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Don't think I've ever been such a fan of a player who features so little for us. Always comes across really well, model pro.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here