Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I've always been a big fan of Uwe's

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TBH I have more confidence on the rare occasion when Uwe is called upon, than I do Connor.
So this headline (not the actual story beneath :whistle: ) is a shame, although in no way a surprise.

Uwe Huenemeier admits his Brighton and Hove Albion future is in doubt

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15901275.Huenemeier_admits_his_future_is_in_doubt/?ref=twtrec

Oh nuts I've just realised what I've done, praising a defender on the morning of a game.
Thank god it's 'only' the FA cup.

Sorry for the wasted journey folks!

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have always had a lot of respect for Uwe, seems a quality bloke too.

On a side note: in a linked article toward the bottom of that story, it states Newcastle are demanding £50M for Mitrovich. Maybe I'm a little behind the news on that one but surely that's absolute b***ox?
T'was Rafa suggesting what it would take for Newcastle to strengthen a relegation rival.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He’s been great for the club, always positive and supportive, even when not playing. The way he stepped up last season when Duffy got injured was brilliant, didn’t miss a beat and ensured we got over the line. Would be a shame to see him go but at 32 he will surely want to spend his last few seasons playing rather than on the bench even if he has to drop a level.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
3 years living away from his kids. Wow.

Been a great player for us, shame it’s never really worked out for him.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Uwe has always given that impression, that's he's quite professional in the way he conducts himself, in the way of patiently waiting for his turn, never making a fuss.
But as always, a player can only wait for so long before they need to play what they're here for.
So if he does go, hopefully not, I'll certainly wish him all the best.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The way he stepped in for those 7 or 8 games at the end of last season should never be forgotten. We were all so, so worried when Duffy got injured and thought that could be a real promotion blow but Uwe was absolutely phenomenal in those games overall.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It’ll be tough to get a better 4th choice CB.

I think “impossible”. I rated him from the first game I saw him play. In fact I would say, given a run, he would have proved a better centre half than any of the others on the books. Always seems calm and unflappable with an air of authority, good positioning and jumps well considering his height. Regrettably we have done his career few favours - he could have achived so much more.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
One of our two best centre backs. Whereas Dunky solves problems Uwe stops problems from happening in the first place. He ought to be in the middle of we play three centre backs. He's been terribly underused by CH.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
You've always been a big fan of Uwe's what exactly [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]? Thighs, hair?

He's never let us down and when he's been called upon its always been with a sense of 'no problem, he can handle it'. I really hope he stays.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’ll be tough to get a better 4th choice CB.
True. However, we can have no complaints at all if he decides he wants to spend the last few years of his playing days actually playing. Really can't fault his attitude either - seems like a model professional, and I imagine loads of clubs will be looking to pick up a fabulous CB for free come the summer..

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He must know his days are numbered if he can't get a look in despite Duffy being a liability for months- even if he has the game of his life today he won't be starting at St Mary's. Shame as he is a quality, dependable player with a good attitude.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Good in the Championship. Not good enough for the Premier League. He is not getting better at 32. Much depends on where we are playing next season.

As has been said earlier he was really good in the closing games of last year, when it was needed.

He has been really good for the club and has earned the nice pay cheque that he has been receiving.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here