Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Middlesbrough vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Despite a few on here thinking I'm a moaner or miserable, please read my posts from the past six years, I am the first to jump on the doom mongers on here. However, and, ok, not a Prem game, it was utter dirge for 75 mins. Everyone forgets when you score a goal how desperately bad it was against a Championship side, despite what people say about what the opposition spent, etc., etc. They are still a league below us and we had no thought of an attacking option until JI came on. If we are playing the 0-0 away from home v Boro in the FA cup, can anyone see the Prem getting any better? I think we have a long, long, long 4 months ahead of us. By the grace of God.
We beat a team with our mostly second team who 2 seasons ago went up instead of us. This season they spent the same as we did and wouldnt stand a chance against our first team. At the point where the game had changed you didnt seem to be either watching it anymore or realise that despite a bad first half we were the only likely winner by the end of the second. Personally I thought the game really changed when Propper came on Jose had a good game though. You got into a needless fight and are feeling hard done by but sleep on it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We beat a team with our mostly second team who 2 seasons ago went up instead of us. This season they spent the same as we did and wouldnt stand a chance against our first team. At the point where the game had changed you didnt seem to be either watching it anymore or realise that despite a bad first half we were the only likely winner by the end of the second. Personally I thought the game really changed when Propper came on Jose had a good game though. You got into a needless fight and are feeling hard done by but sleep on it.

Goldson - played the last Prem game v Chelsea
Suttner - played half the games at full back in the Prem, started v Chelsea
Knockaert - regular Prem player
Stephens - regular Prem player, started v Chelsea
Hemed - plenty of Prem exposure, started v Chelsea
Groß - regular Prem player, started v Chelsea
Murray - regular Prem player, came on v Chelsea
Izquierdo - first team player, came on v Chelsea
Kayal - coming back from injury, came on v Chelsea
Propper - regular first team player, started v Chelsea

Yep, that was our 'reserve' side.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Groß ? ??? Didn't play did he ?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Suttner is second choice versus pace
Goldson is NOT first choice
Knockaert left the game in anger after not even being put on the bench in our last league game
Hemed is our second striker before we recently broke our transfer record and will now be 3rd maybe 4th if Baldock gets his mojo back
Gross did not play did you watch the game?
Kayal is not a first team player

Murray Iquierdo came on as subs one for a nasty injury yes it was mostly a reserve side for most of the game.

Edit and i see you meant Propper instead of Gross I have said he changed the game but just proves my point if it had been a starting XI we have much improved over the last 2 seasons.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No I mixed him up with Propper, but if that's the only come back, then hey.
Well it wasn't really a comeback as such, but now you mention it, it would be good to know how many PL minutes on average we had in the team, weighted by the proportion of the cup tie each player appeared in.

Stephens and Pröpper clearly push up the figure, but Skalak, Hunemeier, Goldson, Rosenior, Krul and Baldock pull it way down.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Suttner is second choice versus pace
Goldson is NOT first choice
Knockaert left the game in anger after not even being put on the bench in our last league game
Hemed is our second striker before we recently broke our transfer record and will now be 3rd maybe 4th if Baldock gets his mojo back
Gross did not play did you watch the game?
Kayal is not a first team player

Murray Iquierdo came on as subs one for a nasty injury yes it was mostly a reserve side for most of the game.

Suttner is second choice versus pace - incorrect and played v Chelsea
Goldson is NOT first choice - he was v Chelsea
Knockaert left the game in anger after not even being put on the bench in our last league game - and you get this knowledge from...
Hemed is our second striker before we recently broke our transfer record and will now be 3rd maybe 4th if Baldock gets his mojo back - and you are the coach that makes these decisions? - he has been picked ahead of Murray many times and played v Chelsea, our last home game.
Gross did not play did you watch the game? - To painful to answer again
Kayal is not a first team player - played v Chelsea, very much a first team player
Murray Iquierdo came on as subs one for a nasty injury yes it was mostly a reserve side for most of the game. - yes, well spotted, both played v Chelsea

Please, please, if you have something to say, make sure it is worth it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Despite a few on here thinking I'm a moaner or miserable, please read my posts from the past six years, I am the first to jump on the doom mongers on here. However, and, ok, not a Prem game, it was utter dirge for 75 mins. Everyone forgets when you score a goal how desperately bad it was against a Championship side, despite what people say about what the opposition spent, etc., etc. They are still a league below us and we had no thought of an attacking option until JI came on. If we are playing the 0-0 away from home v Boro in the FA cup, can anyone see the Prem getting any better? I think we have a long, long, long 4 months ahead of us. By the grace of God.

We aren’t Liverpool/Chelsea etc.
We don’t have a divine right to play well or beat a Championship side.
We won.
All that matters.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We aren’t Liverpool/Chelsea etc
We don’t have a divine right to play well or beat a Championship side
We won
All that matters

I think if you read about 20 pages on this thread during the match you'll find I was not alone, in fact it was a chorus of utter disappointment.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Suttner is second choice versus pace - incorrect and played v Chelsea
Goldson is NOT first choice - he was v Chelsea
Knockaert left the game in anger after not even being put on the bench in our last league game - and you get this knowledge from...
Hemed is our second striker before we recently broke our transfer record and will now be 3rd maybe 4th if Baldock gets his mojo back - and you are the coach that makes these decisions? - he has been picked ahead of Murray many times and played v Chelsea, our last home game.
Gross did not play did you watch the game? - To painful to answer again
Kayal is not a first team player - played v Chelsea, very much a first team player
Murray Iquierdo came on as subs one for a nasty injury yes it was mostly a reserve side for most of the game. - yes, well spotted, both played v Chelsea

Please, please, if you have something to say, make sure it is worth it.

Chelsea put balls in for their striker they dont have pacey wingers hence Suttner.
Apparently if you play one game vs chelsea you are a first team player. Hemed was being picked ahead of Murray when he was injured. This is my last post I feel you are a lost cause enjoy your hatred of the team.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Well it wasn't really a comeback as such, but now you mention it, it would be good to know how many PL minutes on average we had in the team, weighted by the proportion of the cup tie each player appeared in.

Stephens and Pröpper clearly push up the figure, but Skalak, Hunemeier, Goldson, Rosenior, Krul and Baldock pull it way down.

And in comparison, the number of Premier League minutes played by the Boro players.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Chelsea put balls in for their striker they dont have pacey wingers hence Suttner.
Apparently if you play one game vs chelsea you are a first team player. Hemed was being picked ahead of Murray when he was injured. This is my last post I feel you are a lost cause enjoy your hatred of the team.

I won't accept you as a thicko but believe you are just being a pedant, Chelsea was our last Premier League game, if you didn't realise.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There are some right miseries on here tonight!

Winning away at Middlesbrough is a good result.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There are some right miseries on here tonight!

Winning away at Middlesbrough is a good result.

As I said before, just read the comments on here during the game. I give up, if people see that abject performance as a way forward because we managed to bag one at the death, please feel free. End of, no more from me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As I said before, just read the comments on here during the game. I give up, if people see that abject performance as a way forward because we managed to bag one at the death, please feel free. End of, no more from me.
Sometimes you win playing lovely football like we did against wba earlier in the season, sometimes you have to dog it out like today.

Either way a win is worth celebrating in my book.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Wouldn't expect anything less.

A dump - mass unemployment, high crime, polluted, an economic dive, a miserable climate mirroring the populace.

Football gives deprived people an outlet to have a shout, swear and rant which helps get the stresses of life out of your system.

Used to be the same at Brighton until they banned everyone and made it a theatre for middle class families.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Football gives deprived people an outlet to have a shout, swear and rant which helps get the stresses of life out of your system.

Used to be the same at Brighton until they banned everyone and made it a theatre for middle class families.

Are you deprived? I'm glad you found an outlet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here