Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Middlesbrough vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I spent 20 minutes getting the stream right and am now going for a lie down.

Imagine those who travelled up must feel.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
My god.....

703089ee3f36af3d9411dd6c64b7a522.png

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
For those genuinely there, how's Skalak playing? Is he beating his opposing full back with regularity, putting good balls into the box?
Watching a stream and no is the answer

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Element of expectations being too high here? We've basically put out a Championship XI and it's 0-0 away from home and we've been relatively comfortable, if not exciting or expansive. If this was a Championship league game I suspect we'd be fairly content at HT that it's 0-0 and we're not under loads of pressure etc.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
HT 0-0:tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble:
Would be fantastic if we could show some attacking threat in the 2nd half, would LOVE IT if we could get one over on Boro after the charmless behaviour of their fans (and certain hitherto Mboro players) the last time we played them.
SEAGULLS:albion2::albion2::albion2:

? What is 'attacking threat' of which you speak

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Element of expectations being too high here? We've basically put out a Championship XI and it's 0-0 away from home and we've been relatively comfortable, if not exciting or expansive. If this was a Championship league game I suspect we'd be fairly content at HT that it's 0-0 and we're not under loads of pressure etc.

Possibly, but didn't football used to be about some form of excitement?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
You’d have thought the starting XI today would be out to prove a point, doesn’t sound much like it so far. Glad I gave it a swerve today and saved some wedge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Disappointing. Not winning anything in midfield and front line is static...bring on the greyhound and Izzy. Take off any two of the plodders.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I'm happy with the scoreline. I think people are most disappointed by how anonymous our wingers and forwards have been. WHAT IS UP WITH KNOCKY?!?!?!?!

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
There's very little in the way of positives to take from this.

If it finishes 0 - 0 there will be a replay at The Amex, which means more game time for our squad players to improbe thir match fitness. That must be a positive.

Lets be fair, is it reasonablle to expect players who only play 4 or 5 competitive matches over a 6 month period to be "up to speed"? Having U23 development leagues reather than proper reserve team leagues (I remember The Pontins League) make it edifficult for squad players who play few first team games to become/remain "match fit".

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Our first team are basically a championship 11. Don’t think people mind if we lose but are getting fed up with the negativity. At least have a go at attacking them!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Let's be honest we all expected this dull dull stuff and we all know we'll lose 2-0 as our reserves are just awful like our subs bench for the prem games.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
That Amanda Traore looks ok, whatever her name is!
I think we'll see a couple of changes after 60 minutes, we could do with a bit of pace.....even if it's just to stop me dozing off:yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here