Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Friday night a and e thread

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
It’s all kicking off. Drunk man shouting goes into toilet. Pulls emergency chord. Alarm goes off. All hell breaks loose. Coppers here with someone in a hoodie point at the bloke and security rough him up.

Doctor seeing him now

Someone suggested we all go and pull the chords to get seen

Woman sat next to me has been here 6 hours and has been seen twice.

Better than graham norton this is

I'm going to keep this thread open and watch this instead of Graham Norton. I'm hooked already and can't wait for the next episode. Hope you're OK though?

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Coming up to eleven. Should soon be a woman with one shoe alternatly crying and effing and blinding at her boyfriend who is using his shirt as a bandage round his head.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Next time do it on a Tuesday morning! Sadly many of the drunks are regulars and are well known. Do you know a good (highly qualified) nurse?

Good luck

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
In the film Rambo, Stallone stitched himself up with a reed from a field. Could try that?

Just joking, I'm sure they will sort you out soon,

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
This thread reminds me of 2001 when we had just moved to Jakarta Towers and I managed to slip at the top of our very steep stairs with a glass tumbler in my hand which of course I landed upon half way down slicing my arm open in a big way.

Mrs Jakarta then had to drive me (in a brand new company car she had never driven before!) down to Worthing A&E on a Friday evening.

I was a bit out of it as I was about to have 20 stitches inserted but can remember there appeared to be as many Police as Nurses about the place.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Oh the suspense of it all. Worse than that Seagull Up Me Chimney malarkey.
If all fails, the Maui A&E is nice and tranquil, can get here by tomorrow night.

And off-topic, Number Plate update: Now the proud owner of BHA FC Hawaii plate.
Replacement avatar photo to follow.
Carry on.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well that was fun. Eventually called and saw lovely doctor who gave me adrenaline and kept her thumb pressed against. Gauze pax for 10 minutes whilst I was trying not to throw up as it was touching the back of my throat.

All okish now but need to make sure the clot doesn’t come off and it all start bleeding again.

I have nothing but admiration for a&e staff

Cheers for your kind words. It means a lot

Dave.

theboybilly

Good news Dave, reminds me of the time a tooth extraction went wrong and I couldnt get the socket wound to stop bleeding. Tried gauze and cotton wool but it took ages to stop. In the meantime I must've swallowed pints of blood. Next day, Sunday, I felt unwell at football training and told the lads I was going home only to throw up by the side of my car. They all thought I was dying when all this claret came out. A few hours kip and I was fine again. I hope you are too

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Pleased you are now sorted. I'm on Warfarin myself and once cut my lip and bled for nearly two hours, the second of which I was at work!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Well that was fun. Eventually called and saw lovely doctor who gave me adrenaline and kept her thumb pressed against. Gauze pax for 10 minutes whilst I was trying not to throw up as it was touching the back of my throat.

All okish now but need to make sure the clot doesn’t come off and it all start bleeding again.

I have nothing but admiration for a&e staff

Cheers for your kind words. It means a lot

Dave.

Bit late to the party myself, glad you're ok. Was that Brighton A and E? I used to play in their football team. Oh the stories they'd tell!

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Glad you're OK now.
I was in A&E 2 Tuesdays ago as I fell out of my wheelie bin, while I was jumping on the recycling to push it down, as it was overflowing and may have fractured my scaphoid [emoji38]

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Glad you've been sorted, that must have been some cut, i'm on warfarin for life, have been for about 15 years now, but ive never had anything that took an abnormal amount of time to heal.
Must've given you a bit of a scare that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here