Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Cost of Loft Conversion?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Christ, definitely at the higher end of what I was expecting. Thank you all for your replies, best get some more quotes lined up.

I would advise that you right down what you want priced and include some photos of your existing loft. It doesn't need to be too long ( 1-2 pages) but it will help the builders price on a like for like basis rather than them making their own assumptions. Remember to include a requirement for the work to comply with the Building Regulations. Builders will still need to visit to prove accurately but hopefully you'll be able to shortlist a few beforehand.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
IVe seen lots, to get it done properly so you like the result, even in a modest sized space in a terraced house you are looking around £30-35k. You can get cheaper ones but they look like diy jobs and don’t add value to your house. Get it done properly and it will add value.

My mate has a large loft space in his detached house and he had 4 quotes which averaged out at £60k

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
And it will take 12 weeks even though the contractor will tell u .8

Exactly. Wish I’d known they’d juggle several jobs at a time. For a few weeks they averaged 2.5 days a week at our house until I lost my rag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The builders all wished we had. Dismantling existing conversions adds labour and exposes the bodges & shortcuts of previous builders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a trussed roof is worse, a traditional cut roof is easiest to work with.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
No more than 30k if it's only a velux conversion.

Would say around 25k but the roof is trusses so can be difficult first week or 2 depending on engineers details.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Difficult to get realistic prices on here without dimensions etc. Try an online price calculator.

Get more quotes before going ahead though. And see the work they've done or use someone who's been recommended. I've been unimpressed with most conversions I've seen (I think others must like wavy lines between their sloping ceilings and walls).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here