Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Happy Cantona Day

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Great quote here:

‘They said: 'The only people who are linking the incidents are deluded Palace fans who are feeding off myths. 2+ 2 = 7’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mmed-Palace-fan-ahead-Saturdays-showdown.html

So what happened with the violence that day? Surely it would have been palace fans who had the hump after Eric kicked one of their fans? Every Albion fan would say it’s a tragic incident and RIP to Paul Nixon but just like the idiots causing trouble at the Amex, the Poogate thing, the owing St Johns money it always seems to be someone else’s fault and myths get spouted about the bbs and believed by dullards..? I’m genuinely interested to know if you actually know what happened?

Regardless of any link, it is a sad day for anyone to lose their life over football and whoever was responsible for his death should have been brought to justice but sadly it seems they weren’t.
I have had a conversation about this with my palace mates and feelings are mixed on this as to wether they blame Cantona for the unfortunate incident regarding the death of a football fan. With the same logic, why is not Matthew Simmonds blamed? As he started it. Also I hear the argument that there was no
Trouble or history between United and Palace before the incident, well there was no previous between us and Oldham in the 80's but our mini bus was attached in a car park or Wolves fans who charged our train whilst waiting to move. There was a lot of stupid behaviour from 'football' fans in those days. Bottom
Line is that No one should lose their life on way to, at or coming home from football irrespective of the 'reasons'

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
So what was the alleged link between the kung-fu kick and the Palace fan dying? Please elucidate.

Edit: Wait I found it.....

"But just three months later, a Palace supporter, 35-year-old Paul Nixon, died during an outbreak of violence at a pub eight miles away from Villa Park before the FA Cup semi-final between the two clubs."

This link seems very tenuous. Couldn't you link ANY case of a football related death with ANY previous incident between the two clubs in this way?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here