Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Happy Cantona Day

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I love that photo for the sole reason of the Man Utd scarves / hats in the home end.

They give us the big one about plastics, 'second' teams etc, which is common place these days. But back then when football was less sanitised there you have it in there own home ends. Seemingly a set of tolerable home fans too!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I mentioned the cantona thing on the bbs and got destroyed for it I didn't understand that this lad had died either you can understand the connection and why they take it bad we would be exactly the same had it happened to one of ours

Nobody else in the wider football world directly connects those two incidents, and I CERTAINLY wasn't when I mentioned it.

There is ZERO connection between the Cantona incident and the tragic death of a Palace fan. Fans with a bit more class wouldn't try and conflate the two incidents.

So yeah, Happy Cantona Day everybody.

And right on cue...here they come.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Never get bored of looking at that photo
I wonder if it ever won any awards as it should have been award winning

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
For a neutral, Cantona provided some really entertaining viewing in the 90s. The kung-fu kick was easily the finest moment of his career. Even Cantona himself says so.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I love that photo for the sole reason of the Man Utd scarves / hats in the home end.

They give us the big one about plastics, 'second' teams etc, which is common place these days. But back then when football was less sanitised there you have it in there own home ends. Seemingly a set of tolerable home fans too!

Exactly.

Worth mentioning when they start willy-waving and giving it the biggun over that kid and the Hazard shirt bobbins. They've got PLENTY of plastics and interlopers roaming the home end when the big boys visit, just like everyone else in the PL, but of course this doesn't fit their tedious "ultra" narrative.

They really like to believe Selhurst is like some intimidating eastern European bear pit. And they call US deluded. :rolleyes:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
For a neutral, Cantona provided some really entertaining viewing in the 90s. The kung-fu kick was easily the finest moment of his career. Even Cantona himself says so.

I hated the guy. Everyone I knew at school supported Man Utd and he was all I heard about for the years he was there.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Nobody else in the wider football world directly connects those two incidents, and I CERTAINLY wasn't when I mentioned it.

And right on cue...here they come.

:lolol: Indeed they do! If they weren't so pissy-knickered and didn't make such a desperate attempt to take the moral high ground perhaps we wouldn't go on about it so much every year.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Great quote here:

‘They said: 'The only people who are linking the incidents are deluded Palace fans who are feeding off myths. 2+ 2 = 7’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mmed-Palace-fan-ahead-Saturdays-showdown.html

So what happened with the violence that day? Surely it would have been palace fans who had the hump after Eric kicked one of their fans? Every Albion fan would say it’s a tragic incident and RIP to Paul Nixon but just like the idiots causing trouble at the Amex, the Poogate thing, the owing St Johns money it always seems to be someone else’s fault and myths get spouted about the bbs and believed by dullards..? I’m genuinely interested to know if you actually know what happened?

Regardless of any link, it is a sad day for anyone to lose their life over football and whoever was responsible for his death should have been brought to justice but sadly it seems they weren’t.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
LOLZ! You really are the most pathetic set of fans supporting the most pathetic football club IN THE WORLD. Just **** off.

I have always hated Man United but had a grudging respect for Eric as he's one of the best players I've ever seen.

The Selhurst incident moved him to hero status despite the fact that I still wanted his team to lose every game except when playing Palace.

Same rules still apply. Bravo Eric!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It's that time of year again...Happy Cantona Day to you and your family. Hope you have an enjoyable day whatever you are doing to celebrate.

IMG_9743.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here