Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we get relegated?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We have the academy that should start to produce talent within a couple of years and that's the way forward :)

That's my hope. IF we get relegated we have the infrastructure to ensure we don't crash and burn, but will always be able to come back.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That's my hope. IF we get relegated we have the infrastructure to ensure we don't crash and burn, but will always be able to come back.
To compete in the prem is near on impossible and sadly it's all about players hideous wages and avoiding the drop.I would rather be in the championship with a good academy any day of the week to be honest.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To compete in the prem is near on impossible and sadly it's all about players hideous wages and avoiding the drop.I would rather be in the championship with a good academy any day of the week to be honest.

Even if we lose >25m a season?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He's minted and he's a fan = forever.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Even if we lose >25m a season?
My point is that the academy should produce meaning we don't need to go down the path of paying 20/30k a week in the championship.
The football club is more important than chasing a prem dream that can cripple you even if you get relegated with parachute payments.Its a shite league with little entertainment and it's all about the big 6 to be frank.
How much of the £100 million goes on wages and more?

It's a pointless bubble until sky fack off :)

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
After reading through that article on the Starlizard company that bloom setup. I couldn't help but think, that those brighton fans who were creaming themselves over eden hazard, may actually be employees of Starlizard.
Taking into account Starlizard actually have a box at Chelsea FC.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m tied in for another three years, we could be in League 2 when I have to renew :smile:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

IF we get relegated.
Well that's a doozy!
In the unlikely event we are I reckon the Amex would've been sold off to some high brow religious sect, uttering those immortal words...............

Sussex 'bonum vetus in mare,
Tonsorem, et de viris sanguinum omphine wheres mei?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What no poll?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If we go down so be it, we were competitive for four of our five seasons in the Championship so why wouldn't be be successful again and gain promotion once more. Other clubs have done it and come back stronger for the experience.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we go down so be it, we were competitive for four of our five seasons in the Championship so why wouldn't be be successful again and gain promotion once more. Other clubs have done it and come back stronger for the experience.

Assuming that after the 2 parachute payment seasons, TB will want to resume pumping in £15m to £20m of personal money per annum again. To fund a competitive squad.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He may be an owner for life. He loves the club and is happily spending his loose change on it each year

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If we go down and are unable to get back up, how long could TB keep funding the Albion. Amazed at his input so far but how deep is the well????

Well I think you can reliably say that he won't be one of those 'fans' who stops going to matches and supporting their team at the slightest little thing they don't like :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here