Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we get relegated?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Assuming he has put in 200 million how much profit is there after 1 season in the premiere league? 30 million tops? Parachute might help us break even but if promotion is not achieved that black hole rears its head.

£200 million, I think it is closer to £350 million.

Depending on who is purchased in the next week, this season could see a profit of around £50 million, although I would expect that to be reduced to offset previous losses in order not to pay tax. Parachute payments plus player sales will mean no losses for the next 3-4 seasons if in the Championship.

Therefore, unless TB makes big losses elsewhere in his business, I don't think he will be running out of money any time soon.

These are just my guesses, I'm happy to admit I could be completely wrong.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
£200 million, I think it is closer to £350 million.

Depending on who is purchased in the next week, this season could see a profit of around £50 million, although I would expect that to be reduced to offset previous losses in order not to pay tax. Parachute payments plus player sales will mean no losses for the next 3-4 seasons if in the Championship.

Therefore, unless TB makes big losses elsewhere in his business, I don't think he will be running out of money any time soon.

These are just my guesses, I'm happy to admit I could be completely wrong.

If you're relegated after one season think you only get one year parachute payments? Or is it two?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nothing to do with how long TB could fund us. He makes far more than he loses every year. It's how long he wants to. I reckon he's here for a while yet...

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
If you're relegated after one season think you only get one year parachute payments? Or is it two?

You only get 2 years if you’re relegated after 1 season. However the payments in season 3 are relatively low.

It’s based on a percentage of guaranteed TV income for the Premier League teams. First year is approx 45m; second is 35m and third (if applicable) is a mere 15m (all approximate).

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

It's something like £45 million for the first season and around £37 million the following season, if you've been in the Premier League for more than 1 season then you get a third year of parachute payments of around £17 million.

It's something like £45 million for the first season and around £37 million the following season, if you've been in the Premier League for more than 1 season then you get a third year of parachute payments of around £17 million.
What we're are losses last season? 37million and thats with players on championship contracts. So not alot of spare cash there:(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No point in wasting energy focusing on such a negative at this time really.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I can tell you one thing, if we are indeed relegated we will be in great shape ahead of another season in the Championship.

Yes we are likely to lose a few but the recruitment to date suggests we have a strong squad capable of being a force in the Championship and I’m confident of some further additions both in the window and in the summer.

Hopefully all irrelevant as we stay up.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Izquierdo, Knockaert, Dunk, March, Propper, Hemed will all be gone if we go down, we'll be able to make a very good profit off them almost the same levels as a years worth of parachute payments, we'll be a fine midtable Championship team for 5 or 6 seasons before things get worrying again.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Assuming he has put in 200 million how much profit is there after 1 season in the premiere league? 30 million tops? Parachute might help us break even but if promotion is not achieved that black hole rears its head.

Depending on who is purchased in the next week, this season could see a profit of around £50 million, although I would expect that to be reduced to offset previous losses in order not to pay tax.

These estimates are way over stated. It will depend on finishing position, but at best the Albion might see a profit of £10 million this season - Revealed, the difference the Premier League will make to Brighton and Hove Albion's finances

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
So how much did we lose trying to get there? 150 million? So only 15 years of profits and we will be back in the black apart front the other 150 million we owe TB for the ground and training facility.

Anyone who owns a football club and expects to make a decent profit out of it are fools, and TB certainly isn't one. TB didn't put what he's put in expecting to be able to take it back out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here