Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwood bid rejected!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
So presumably, and quite rightly imo, we are refusing to loan these players in their last year of contract without it being a loan-to-buy deal.

Does make you wonder why the club didn't sell in the window however...

The offers from Hull didn’t match that number which was our asking price? We aren’t a forced seller so it makes no odds to do it as a loan then a permanent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The offers from Hull didn’t match that number which was our asking price? We aren’t a forced seller so it makes no odds to do it as a loan then a permanent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand and agree, but surely if we had set out the asking price at £2 million during the transfer window, and Sheffield United were interested, it would've made no difference to either party to sell permanently.

The only stumbling block I can think of as to why a loan-to-buy deal is more suitable for Sheffield United is wages. In theory, it could mean that they aren't paying his full wage for the first six months (previously noted as a rumoured issue), but that we are still making a profit on him via this route. Norwood gets 6 months on a higher pay, before taking a cut and getting a signing on fee in the process. We cover our losses and make a profit on the player. Sheffield United get a good player on a lower yearly wage.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Do we still own Norwood? He looks as though he is going to make it 3 promotions to the Premier League in a row. Sheffield Utd, the not so massive from that city look a good bet for an automatic place if they carry on the way they're going.

Surely his value must be in the lucky charm market, get your team a good rub of Ollie Norwood & up you go!

Seriously though he is a great passer of the ball & quietly pulls the strings in the middle of the pitch, too quietly to play in The Premier League apparently.

I like him & think he is at least as good as Propper.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Do we still own Norwood? He looks as though he is going to make it 3 promotions to the Premier League in a row. Sheffield Utd, the not so massive from that city look a good bet for an automatic place if they carry on the way they're going.

Surely his value must be in the lucky charm market, get your team a good rub of Ollie Norwood & up you go!

Seriously though he is a great passer of the ball & quietly pulls the strings in the middle of the pitch, too quietly to play in The Premier League apparently.

Sheff Utd bought him. Hull kept putting in pathetic offers.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nice to see him doing well. A decent player at Championship level.

I'd love to see Sheffield United get promoted just to REALLY piss off the massive fans I know. They're already quite pissed off but that would destroy them. [emoji23]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nice to see him doing well. A decent player at Championship level.

I'd love to see Sheffield United get promoted just to REALLY piss off the massive fans I know. They're already quite pissed off but that would destroy them. [emoji23]

There is another reason why I’d like them to do well. Managed by ex Albion player Chris Wilder.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Sheff Utd bought him. Hull kept putting in pathetic offers.

He is still our player - he joined the Blades on loan after the window (to buy) had closed. However, there is an agreement in place for United to purchase him when the January transfer window opens.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is still our player - he joined the Blades on loan after the window (to buy) had closed. However, there is an agreement in place for United to purchase him when the January transfer window opens.

That is how I read it. I wonder how definite those type of agreements are as I would imagine there are a few get out clauses.eg not produced the goods expected but obviously not in this case or family cang settle in new area.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Any price of contract details? Hopefully clearing the books for an incoming player in the January window.

Norwood going will have no bearing on our ability to sign a player in January. A) we are a Premier League club any transfer fee we recoup for him will be a mere drop in the PL money ocean. B)He isn't part of the 25 man squad so selling him doesn't free up a spot in the squad.

It was confirmed he'd join Sheff Utd fully in January when he went on loan back in August, the only reason it wasn't a a full transfer then was because of the early transfer window closure for permanent deals this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here