Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwood bid rejected!

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
You constantly jump in on this idea but it is done to (a) unload unwanted players (b) not spend money and possibly get greater value than those going are worth. eg Cairney alone is probably value at £12m so if we did a straight swap Norwood and Hemed for him that would be great value as we would never get £12m or anywhere near selling them.

In today's market i'm confident we could get at least that just for Hemed - a proven championship striker with premier league experience.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You constantly jump in on this idea but it is done to (a) unload unwanted players (b) not spend money and possibly get greater value than those going are worth. eg Cairney alone is probably value at £12m so if we did a straight swap Norwood and Hemed for him that would be great value as we would never get £12m or anywhere near selling them.

I love how your logic works BG

"Cairney = 12m". "Norwood+Hemed combined are not anywhere near worth 12m". "Fulham would settle for a straight swop Cairney for Norwood+Hemed"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agreed. Whoever said Poor-Wood was much better. :moo:

In all seriousness though he is a mid-table championship player which is why hes doing well with Fulham - playing at his level.

With abitions for us to stay/return to the prem though, cant see him ever playing for us again.

If we stay up, we will probably sell him to Fulham in the summer. If we get relegated, then we will need him. It's that simple.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I love how your logic works BG

"Cairney = 12m". "Norwood+Hemed combined are not anywhere near worth 12m". "Fulham would settle for a straight swop Cairney for Norwood+Hemed"

With possibly a slight cash adjustment but not sufficient to stop any other deals going through. TB may not be prepared to pay £12m for Cairney but may £2m plus 2 players surplus to requirements.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
If we stay up, we will probably sell him to Fulham in the summer. If we get relegated, then we will need him. It's that simple.

It's not 'that simple' though is it.

He's not as good as what we have now, or what we could replace with if we had to sell what we have now. So just sell him now, while his value is up.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
With possibly a slight cash adjustment but not sufficient to stop any other deals going through. TB may not be prepared to pay £12m for Cairney but may £2m plus 2 players surplus to requirements.

What if Hemed does’nt Want to drop down to the championship with Fulham?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton is happy to see him go if the deal is right for all parties.

It's all about the money offered.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Who knows but don’t forget he did sign a new contract a while ago

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would like to think Hemed is worth 5 million and Norwood 3 million.... or something around that for them

I would be happy to give Fulham both and pay another 5 to get Cairney on board.

Don't see it happening though.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Norwood will go before the deadline won't he. We have better even if we are planning for next season in the Championship.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We could of course offer Skalak, Norwood & Hemed plus £2m for Cairney as all of them are or will be surplus to requirements on 1st Feb hopefully.

Is Cairney good enough though? I know he had a good season last year although almost anonymous in the play offs.....but from what i understand hasn't hit the same heights this year.

Personally at this stage of the season i'd rather we got someone in who's played at this level before ...not just showing the potential

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is Cairney good enough though? I know he had a good season last year although almost anonymous in the play offs.....but from what i understand hasn't hit the same heights this year.

Personally at this stage of the season i'd rather we got someone in who's played at this level before ...not just showing the potential

I wouldnt know as I havent seen him play this season and only a couple of times last but the point is that those 3 are or will be surplus to requirements, so to move them on makes sense.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We could of course offer Skalak, Norwood & Hemed plus £2m for Cairney as all of them are or will be surplus to requirements on 1st Feb hopefully.
Excellent.

That gives us a 24 man squad even if we include LuaLua.

Perhaps we can throw in Baldock and Rosenior as well to further reduce the numbers ?

Who needs 25 anyway ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would like to think Hemed is worth 5 million and Norwood 3 million.... or something around that for them

I would be happy to give Fulham both and pay another 5 to get Cairney on board.

Don't see it happening though.

Might fetch a little more for Hemed in the current climate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here