Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Mark E Smith

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
The only time I saw them was at Hammersmith Palais in around 1980. They were supporting The Birthday Party. All was pretty laid back. Then they did Hip Priest. OMG. I've seen a lot of live music but I will NEVER forget that. Jaw dropping moment.

I found an old NME interview with Mark E Smith, Nick cave and Shane MacGowan last night, you probably know it. Found it on 'The Quietus.com'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Heartwarming tale in this week's Popbitch:

"There was this other group warming up, and they were terrible. I said 'Shut them c*nts up!' And they were still warming up. So I threw a bottle at them." – Mark E Smith on Mumford & Sons

:lolol:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Heartwarming tale in this week's Popbitch:

"There was this other group warming up, and they were terrible. I said 'Shut them c*nts up!' And they were still warming up. So I threw a bottle at them." – Mark E Smith on Mumford & Sons

:lolol:

yeah I read that somewhere. Also read that MES went on stage at glastonbury with wet trousers, reportedly urine, actually Champagne he threw at Fat White Family punk:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
F-Folding Money was taken from the Marshall Suite album. Along with Extricate, my favourite Fall album.

I seem to recall that British Sea Power back when they were known as "The Decline of..." supported The Fall at Concorde 2 once. Now that was a fabulous gig. Can I just add that I never quite got the support act that used to accompany The Fall in the latter years. The Video DJ chap who made ultra-slow mixes of Elvis songs. 5 minutes of that and it was retire to the bar until Mark and the band came on.

And one other thing - MES may have looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp but he pulled the ladies. First Brix and then that very lovely keyboardist who used to run the fan club (I may have misheard that bit).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is one of my favourite pieces from the Renegade biography. I really did adore M E Smith.

DOB9o58_Wk_AIr_W_j.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I found an old NME interview with Mark E Smith, Nick cave and Shane MacGowan last night, you probably know it. Found it on 'The Quietus.com'

Cheers - will check it aaaht :thumbsup:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
F-Folding Money was taken from the Marshall Suite album. Along with Extricate, my favourite Fall album.

I seem to recall that British Sea Power back when they were known as "The Decline of..." supported The Fall at Concorde 2 once. Now that was a fabulous gig. Can I just add that I never quite got the support act that used to accompany The Fall in the latter years. The Video DJ chap who made ultra-slow mixes of Elvis songs. 5 minutes of that and it was retire to the bar until Mark and the band came on.

And one other thing - MES may have looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp but he pulled the ladies. First Brix and then that very lovely keyboardist who used to run the fan club (I may have misheard that bit).

Wasn't Brix his 2nd wife?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
He was married three times. Brix was his first marriage, then to Safron Pryor who ran the fan club and his last was to Elena who played keyboards and ended in 2016.

I got the impression that he was at his happiest with a woman behind him. I rarely remember a late gig or no show when Elena was around and similar with Brix. Left to his own devices however and it was a very different scenario.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
RESCINDED

At work last night (a pub) one of the regulars came in and told me to put a song on ....(yellow card) ..... bought me a drink ...... (yellow card rescinded*, request indulged)...
2 minutes they said....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3BUCHMPd3hY

Now I like 'Pavement' a lot. BUT.....
*"rescinded" is possibly the most M.E.S. word I can think of.

"Rescinded"

But sometimes people can be utter cock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here