Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Mark E Smith

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That’s terrible news, really loved the fall, wish I’d made the effort last year pretty sure they played Bexhill, but was not in the mood or something, wish I’d gone to see them just one more time.

R.I.P Mr Smith

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Bugger, I'm pretty sure I was due to be in the Fall sometime soon.
Some magnificent gigs, a few absolute shockers.
Good work that man.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Breaking news....Hendrix sacked from the mythical afterlife band for being a scruffy hippy ****

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Damn. Just seen this. Saw them live about 20 times, hell of a band.

All the best in your new adventures MS. Godspeed.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Sad news. A one-off who influenced many. First saw the Fall in 84 and then numerous times around the country over the years. Gave up on MES after a particularly shambolic 45 minute show a few years ago at the Concorde. What a phenomenal back catalogue though.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Sad news. A one-off who influenced many. First saw the Fall in 84 and then numerous times around the country over the years. Gave up on MES after a particularly shambolic 45 minute show a few years ago at the Concorde. What a phenomenal back catalogue though.

He came back after that (I think) in 2012 and played a brilliant gig at The Old Market. They were always wretched or sublime.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
If I had to choose one band’s catalogue to listen to it would probably be The Fall.
I can’t quite compute that he has gone and they are no more.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
He came back after that (I think) in 2012 and played a brilliant gig at The Old Market. They were always wretched or sublime.

Think I was at the Old Market gig. Was that with the American version of the band and when the fire alarm went off? You’re so right though, live, the Fall veered from brilliance to awful sometimes in the same set! I’m listening to R6 who are playing Fall songs on rotation. It must hit every generation when their musical heroes who you grow up with and who continued to make good music pass away. End of an era. Sad evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here