Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £6 million Bid for Aden Flint Rejected

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
At 28 years old I dont see the point in buying Flint... realistically he wont get in the squad ahead of Dunkfy..

Would prefer to keep Goldson as backup and Uwe as fourth choice for time being.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Yabbadabba Doo - Deal For Flint Stone Dead!" - He's not going anywhere claims Robins boss.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
At 28 years old I dont see the point in buying Flint... realistically he wont get in the squad ahead of Dunkfy..

Would prefer to keep Goldson as backup and Uwe as fourth choice for time being.

Surely you realise what the fact we are suddenly bidding for a number centre backs means...?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Always considered him a bit of a donkey tbh but can score a goal. No better than what we have - in fact not as good as what we have in my opinion.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He's 6ft 5 and his scoring rate for a central defender is decent. Say hello to the new Adam Virgo, he's going up front alongside Locadia I tells ya.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
IMO Dunk will be gone by Next Wed, We will get more for him now than what we would if back in Championship!

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Man of the Match against us last season when we chucked away our chance to become Champions.
Having said that he is their defensive linchpin, they are in the play off places, Promotion worth £100m +.....so no chance of landing for £6m.

We appear to becoming a club like Burnley that offer amounts the other club just laugh at whilst appeasing us they are trying but being rebuked...

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Wasn't long ago that a lot of us didn't see the point in buying Duffy.

Very true but at the time we probably needed a top class centre half... looking at it now its only 2 months since MOTD said we had one of the top four centre back pairings in the league. I'm not saying Flints a bad player (quite evidently he's fairly decent) but unless Goldson is going (would love him to stay) then this is a pointless transfer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have 4 very decent CBs atm, so someone is surely on the way out if we secure another.

Goldson - on loan.

I'd be amazed if Dunk leaves this month.
But not as amazed as I would be if he's still with the Albion next season.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
We have 4 very decent CBs atm, so someone is surely on the way out if we secure another.

Goldson out on loan as planned? Would be no harm in having Flint here given that Dunk will definitely be the subject of interest in the summer. I can't see us selling him now personally as has been suggested above.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Goldson - on loan.

I'd be amazed if Dunk leaves this month.
But not as amazed as I would be if he's still with the Albion next season.

Can't see the logic in Goldson going on loan when he is on the verge of the first team, especially if we want to try the 3 at the back again. That would be like sending Izquierdo or Hemed out on loan atm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here