Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hadn't heard of this chap before....

"Lindsay would be ideal investment for Brighton" >>> https://whisp.rs/2IrapUD
    Truly terrible article.

He seems to claim Lindsay would be a gooid fit purely because he's left footed.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Pity we didn't go for him in the summer then, before he went to Barnsley. Bet he didn't cost a fraction of £6M back then.
      Was he the lad at Partick Thistle ? - If so there was interest then I think by Brighton.

In certain circumstances it isn't really about the cost. It is about whether they can step up from SPL to Championship and then ultimately in the case of Brighton NOW, the PL. Managers are never sure.

I recall bringing a certain Jamie Murphy to someone's attention at the age of 19 or 20. Around the same time the ''flavour of the month'' in Scotland was David Goodwillie and that was who that person was looking at around then but wasn't sure he could make the step up to the Championship, so decided against both of them. Both were the same age at the time. Goodwillie did make the big money jump to the PL and flopped. Jamie turned down Blackpool and stayed at Motherwell another year because he felt he wasn't ready to move.

He then went to Sheff Utd and thrived there and ultimately thrived in the Championship with us. Jamie is now at Rangers on loan from Brighton. David Goodwillie is at Clyde on a downward spiral. So sometimes it can be better to have a gradual progression as opposed to a big jump in class that a player is really not ready to make.

I must also add that at the early stages I did point out that Jamie Murphy was a far better player than David Goodwillie
      a man with a sound track record as a source of quality Albion info! ditchy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by worthingseagull123 View Post
      6 million for a championship player I have never heard of.

Football truly has gone mad.
      Had anyone heard of John Stones before he moved from Barnsley to Everton ?
      I just love the East Upper !!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
      Truly terrible article.

He seems to claim Lindsay would be a gooid fit purely because he's left footed.
      You do need a balance of left and right footers in a team. Chelsea actually looked ''out of sorts'' last season in a few matches I watched because almost everyone was right footed and so found it difficult to switch direction and spread play quickly enough to open teams up
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ditchy View Post
      Um, yes, because we played Barnsley ?

0 Not allowed!
      His Barnsley debut was against us at the Amex, he played at right back and really didn't stand out at all. Now he's first choice for England, but not for his club...
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      The figures mentioned here, further illustrate how bang wrong some posters' valuations of Goldson are.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      On a side note, that website deserves a better name than 'whispers'. Some of their data based analysis that I've read throughout the season is pretty impressive!

0 Not allowed!
      Yes, we stuck 5 or 6 past him and his team in a single game.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by middletoenail View Post
      On a side note, that website deserves a better name than 'whispers'. Some of their data based analysis that I've read throughout the season is pretty impressive!
      They do some good stuff and just to reiterate, for the sake of transparency, they pay NSC for sending them traffic.

When they produce an article that has an Albion reference I get an email. If I read the article and think it's something of interest I share it, quite often I don't think it adds anything new so I don't.

I have no idea how their business model works, as they pay NSC £8 per 1,000 visitors. Whilst this doesn't add up to much money for NSC, if this site could earn anything like £8 per 1,000 visitors, I wouldn't be in Worthing typing this!