Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Phil Neville

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Appointed England women’s manager yesterday and now on the verge of getting sacked after some outrageous sexist tweets emerged from him from 6 years ago.

What an idiot.

:nono:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
6 year old tweets which were a really shit attempt at being funny. Two tweets jesus christ. Anyone actually offended by this is a complete idiot. Give the man the Job and raise the profile of womens football a little more in this country.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have you seen what he wrote I wouldn’t call it outrageous, like everything nowadays all blown out of proportion and it was 6 years ago

Agree, misguided for sure but not really outrageous in my view - looks as though some of the tweets were maybe an ongoing joke with someone (his missus ?). He will probably get the boot though, particularly given the FA’s ongoing issues.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There was a lady footballer interviewed on five live who categorically stated that he shouldn't manage the women's team as they had monthly stuff going on and that women and men were a different species. Imagine if a male employee was on the radio complaining he had a female boss. How sexist.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Did anyone see the documentary about the Neville Brothers - Phil's daughter has cerebal palsy and he is absolutely amazing with her. His twin sister is also England's Netball coach. Think he's a great appointment.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I am fed up with too many people trying to live in a "perfect World" scenario, I neither condone or condemn the tweets as I have not seen them, but thanks to our crap british press who pick on a well known person for picking there nose!! the whole world has gone mad!!!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Ridiculous appointment but not surprising from the head of England’s women football. Unqualified, a man, and an idiot.

Didn't even apply for the job apparently. Complete joke.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I called a kid a bender in the school playground in 1980, hope this doesn’t come back to haunt me :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Seems to be that tweet is just a bit of (not very good) comedy sarcasm. The amount of people clinging on to any thread of potential drama and faux outrage is unbelievable.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Appointed England women’s manager yesterday and now on the verge of getting sacked after some outrageous sexist tweets emerged from him from 6 years ago.

What an idiot.

:nono:

Can only guess that the only ones genuinely outraged by those comments are those that practice being outraged for a living (or for attention).

As for his appointment, not sure he is the right choice due to his complete lack of experience in management however don't agree with some that the job should be done by a woman. Lionesses have had some great success and they need to maintain that to improve the profile of the game. Unfortunately, at the moment not sure there is a female coach with the credentials to do that. We can only hope Neville's approach is different to his former bosses which I'm sure wouldn't go down well!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Women play football? What ever next?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I called a kid a bender in the school playground in 1980, hope this doesn’t come back to haunt me :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It probably will.........on Monday I had to submit a DBS to my company that I have now been with for 6 months or so, a couple of smallish issues came up on the DBS, in all honesty I had forgotten about 2 of them (4 in total) 3 of the issues happened nearly 45 years ago! I had to get my boss to fight for my employment! FFS it was 45 years ago, i was young, very young! I am not going to say what the issues were for no other reason than I refuse to discuss them on a message board (and I have to leave for work soon) I understand the need for the DBS but FFS bringing up small offences of 45 years ago and making the wording look like i am the worlds most wanted man is ****ing ridiculous!!

Ok, I will give you one of the offences to give an idea of how pathetic they are, when I was 17 (i am coming up 63 soon) my mother (who in fairness and totally unbeknown to me and my brother and sister) had gone through a divorce with my Dad and was also in the early stages of senile dementia (no one knew what it was then) she had her electric cut off for non payment of bill, I re connected it, I was done (after my mother was accused of being responsible for doing it, i admitted it) for extracting £5.27p worth of electricity, I understand its deemed as theft but come on I don't think I was going to first in line to be recruited by the great train robbers!! I went to court got a £10 fine and had to pay back the £5.27, it was 46 years ago and it showed up on the DBS like i'm a total criminal........

To conclude, the company listened to my Director who fought my cause and I have kept my job.......If I had just scanned it off to the head office in London the probability was I would be sat here unemployed........****ing ridiculous!! I might ad I have a perfect record apart from a couple of motoring offences for many many years!!

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
It's the grammar that really distresses me...

“U women of always wanted equality until it comes to paying the bills #hypocrites”

..and the excessive use of exclamation marks...

“Relax I’m back chilled – just battered the wife!!! Feel better now!”

I doubt he'll get sacked

I wonder why the FA couldn't have found a candidate with proven, relevant job experience rather than appoint someone with no experience of being a manager?

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
Something for the perma offended snowflakes to get their teeth into this morning I suppose.

Who actually cares about women’s football anyway? The Albion women’s team could be having a game in the local park 2 minutes from my house and I’d not bother watching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here