Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Was it Micky Adams or Mark McGhee who once said that we're not buying other clubs rejects, we're buying their mistakes?

I've been looking at the Newcastle forum and Mitro seems to split opinion, but the general feeling is that Rafa doesn't rate him and won't give him game time, and that he could do well in the right team. Got to be worth a punt at the right price.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Was it Micky Adams or Mark McGhee who once said that we're not buying other clubs rejects, we're buying their mistakes?

I've been looking at the Newcastle forum and Mitro seems to split opinion, but the general feeling is that Rafa doesn't rate him and won't give him game time, and that he could do well in the right team. Got to be worth a punt at the right price.

I think you're correct, just because the manager doesn't fancy him is no reason to be put off. I remember when Benitez was Liverpool manager and wanted to offload Xabi Alonso so he could buy Gareth Barry.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
At this point of the season we need another option, Mitrovic would give us that. We would have to be satisfied that a reformed temperament would allow him to stay on the pitch. As for the £15m price tag, that is about £2/3m in old money it should not be prohibitive.

It would be a gamble, but one that may well be worth taking.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've always thought Benitez was massively over rated.

However, I'd rather we spunked all TB's pocket money on a form/quality player who needs prizing away as opposed to a maybe/possibly sidelines/reserve/reject

I think you're correct, just because the manager doesn't fancy him is no reason to be put off. I remember when Benitez was Liverpool manager and wanted to offload Xabi Alonso so he could buy Gareth Barry.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It goes something like this usually:

"Sources" confirm Brighton interested in [PLAYER];
Silence from Brighton;
Silence from [PLAYER]'s club;
Picked up on Twitter & other social media;
Tin-pot rumour sites spread rumour as fact;
Andy Naylor rules out interest in [PLAYER];
Brighton sign someone of whom we've never heard.

But in this case Naylor said we are interested......

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I've always thought Benitez was massively over rated.

However, I'd rather we spunked all TB's pocket money on a form/quality player who needs prizing away as opposed to a maybe/possibly sidelines/reserve/reject

Those players will not come to a relegation bound club.... the summer was the time to have done that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good "Izzy Brown replacement".

Would hint that we'll also be replacing Hemed with a central midfielder.

mikebha1963

May 13, 2014
Interesting, I saw a guy who looked just lik him yesday coming out of the training ground. The car was a blak Aston Martin ithink P8 CCR

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

mikebha1963

May 13, 2014
Saw a guy who looked just like him coming out of the training ground at 3.53pm yesday afternoon. Black Aston Martin. P8 CCR

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd take him. Good player, a bit out of sorts and not getting enough game time. If we sign him, I reckon it'll be time to say good bye to Hemed, maybe on loan.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Saw a guy who looked just like him coming out of the training ground at 18:57pm yesterday morning. The car was a Wite Roll Royce, reg 1C0 CK

Sent from my neighbours Lidel ifone using Telekinesis...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
i saw a man come out a house 4 days ago - black shoes

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Another Barnes trait he seems to have.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not sure what I think is a fair price for him... I'm going to say 10 million I might go a bit higher given his age.

If we moved Hemed on for half of that for example it would be decent business for me... but what do I know.... nothing

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here