Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If the Albion can get him back to the way he played for Anderlecht, we'd have a potential star on our hands. Mitrovic would be a handful for any defence due to his very aggressive style of play. He's a battling type centre forward who's very prone to a booking. He has the ability to hang in the air for headers and knows how to holdup the ball very well too. The new Glenn Murray but a lot more of a psychopath.
Hopefully, Newcastle was just a bad move for him. There's been plenty of top talent who go to Newcastle United and never find their on form ability. David Ginola, Damien Duff, James Milner, Hatem Ben Arfa are just a few for example. Mitrovic scored 36 goals in 69 games for Anderlecht by the age of just 20. He's still only 23.

Could be a great signing.

Agree with all this, offer 7 mil and then inch up to 8 or 9.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
They'll throw in one of the giant Sports Direct mugs though

And this cheryl-cole-makeup-2.jpg and one of these 41LTcIyjcOL.jpg to put it all in.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I honestly don’t see why some people are not liking the idea of signing him. He would cause problems with his physicality and movement. We are far too Plain Jane up front currently with no bite. I can imagine having him and Locadia would offer something very very different with more quality.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
I honestly don’t see why some people are not liking the idea of signing him. He would cause problems with his physicality and movement. We are far too Plain Jane up front currently with no bite. I can imagine having him and Locadia would offer something very very different with more quality.

Probably because he is likely to be given a red card for his indiscipline, leaving us to play parts of matches with only 10 men.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Probably because he is likely to be given a red card for his indiscipline, leaving us to play parts of matches with only 10 men.

It’s all about the calculated risk. Yes he’s missed (I think) about 9 games whilst at Newcastle but that’s not to say he would provide more positives than negatives if he helps keep us up. Yes, we have strikers with far better disciplinary record but they do not score enough goals or offer enough quality to create for others

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

I would imagine with all his experience managing at the top level that Rafa Benitez is a pretty good judge of player. There is no way that he would sell one of his players to a relegation rival if he had even the slightest suspicion that he was any good.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

And that's the key for me. He has real quality.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I would imagine with all his experience managing at the top level that Rafa Benitez is a pretty good judge of player. There is no way that he would sell one of his players to a relegation rival if he had even the slightest suspicion that he was any good.

Our club clearly feel otherwise. Many players are moved on where they have not been successful at one club but thrived at another. Benitez doesn’t have much financial support from Ashley so will feel he needs to sell to have some buying power himself so that’s a big factor. Hughton is also a good judge of player as are our recruitment team who pulled out some gems in the summer. Like I say, this one is a calculated risk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I notice he scored 9 in 21 starts for Newcastle in the premier league as a 21 year old a couple of seasons back. That is bloody brilliant, if a young player had that kind of record now you would be looking at 50m minimum.

The guy was also a goal machine for Anderlecht.

I hope this one comes off. Well worth the gamble.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
No that’s nonsense, of course we wouldn’t. Some people on here just let their imagination run away with them because Bloom is a well known gambler.

I’m sure we’ve placed a few stories in the media at times but we wouldn’t actually put a bid for a player to a club whilst secretly hoping we don’t get him so we can sign someone else. Laughable.

Maybe we would consider doing that if another club was dragging its feet on another transfer target and we wanted to put pressure on them to make a deal happen?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Every club has experienced a player that was either very good for them and rubbish when sold to the next club or vice versa , there is no question he has talent , i fancy we may take a punt on him and at the same time see one of our own forward players exit oopt north .

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
At last some aggressive play upfront (if it happens) we definitely need to start getting into our opposition and stop
all this star struck bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here