Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not the ones I know. They’ll be volunteering to drive him down. Plus there is this from SkySports:
“Mitrovic, 23, has been out for over a month with a back injury and has not started a Premier League game this season.”

Signing 1 injured striker can be forgiven, but two?

He's been training for a week now

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/953636817814917121

[tweet]953636817814917121[/tweet]

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think this could be classic diversion tactics and is simply a smoke screen for another player we are after.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Would we make a bid just as a diversion? I don't recall the club ever doing that before. Supposing it had been accepted? We'd look real charlies, wouldn't we?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ahhhhhh....the final piece of the jigsaw.....our Ricky Van Wolfswinkle moment!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ahhhhhh....the final piece of the jigsaw.....our Ricky Van Wolfswinkle moment!

Signing an expensive Dutch striker with no experience of the premier league? We’ve already nailed that one!

Seriously though, I’m quite excited by Mitrovic. He and Locadia have the potential to be quite a potent partnership IMO. A good combination of pace, power and aggression that we’ve been lacking.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Would we make a bid just as a diversion? I don't recall the club ever doing that before. Supposing it had been accepted? We'd look real charlies, wouldn't we?

No that’s nonsense, of course we wouldn’t. Some people on here just let their imagination run away with them because Bloom is a well known gambler.

I’m sure we’ve placed a few stories in the media at times but we wouldn’t actually put a bid for a player to a club whilst secretly hoping we don’t get him so we can sign someone else. Laughable.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Newcastle value him t £15M? Bit rich, considering they only paid £13M for him and his value will have deteriorated due to his failure to get games there.

They'll throw in one of the giant Sports Direct mugs though

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If the Albion can get him back to the way he played for Anderlecht, we'd have a potential star on our hands. Mitrovic would be a handful for any defence due to his very aggressive style of play. He's a battling type centre forward who's very prone to a booking. He has the ability to hang in the air for headers and knows how to holdup the ball very well too. The new Glenn Murray but a lot more of a psychopath.
Hopefully, Newcastle was just a bad move for him. There's been plenty of top talent who go to Newcastle United and never find their on form ability. David Ginola, Damien Duff, James Milner, Hatem Ben Arfa are just a few for example. Mitrovic scored 36 goals in 69 games for Anderlecht by the age of just 20. He's still only 23.

Could be a great signing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here