Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wikipedia tells me Francis Jeffers scored 18 goals in 49 games for Everton. Massive potential.

It also tells me Chuba Akpom plays for Arsenal and has 3 goals in 5 England U21 appearances. Even bigger potential.

Would you like me to go on?
There are plenty of players that have shown potential and flopped yes. But you have to speculate to accumulate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
There are plenty of players that have shown potential and flopped yes. But you have to speculate to accumulate.

You do. I'm not even denying that Mitrovic could help us. My point is that you've used Wikipedia as the basis for your claim that he has, in your words, "massive potential". Which is an utterly ludicrous claim when backed up with said source.

You may as well have just written "he's got massive potential because my mum and the drunk guy down the pub said so", such is the credibility of your source.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You do. I'm not even denying that Mitrovic could help us. My point is that you've used Wikipedia as the basis for your claim that he has, in your words, "massive potential". Which is an utterly ludicrous claim when backed up with said source.

You may as well have just written "he's got massive potential because my mum and the drunk guy down the pub said so", such is the credibility of your source.

Don't bring @BG's sources into this.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
He scored 9 in 21 starts as a 21 year old in first year of playing in premier league.

MASSIVE potential

Saying he scored 9 in 21 starts gives the wrong impression, he scored 6 goals in 21 starts and 3 in 13 as a substitute during that season, some of the goals were penalties.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Saying he scored 9 in 21 starts gives the wrong impression, he scored 6 goals in 21 starts and 3 in 13 as a substitute during that season, some of the goals were penalties.

Out team have only scored 17 all season.

Get him in , if he can get 5 then perfect if Locadia can get a few as well

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

So you didn't bother to go and read the wiki page because in your view everything written there is without foundation?

Go and have a look and if you can find any errors in what is written about Mitrovic I'll bow to your superior intellect.

What I was originally trying to say was that he was hugely regarded only a few years back, much more so than those you named.

For a source more to your liking, Does UEFA.com meet your standards?
https://www.uefa.com/under19/history/season=2013/goldenplayer/index.html

Last edited:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Out team have only scored 17 all season.

Get him in , if he can get 5 then perfect if Locadia can get a few as well

I usually get behind our transfers but not in this instance, can't get in the Newcastle team, poor disciplinary record and the potential to give our rivals some much needed cash to strengthen.

It doesn't make sense on many levels so hopefully nothing comes of it and we can get someone in who is less of a risk to help keep us up.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I usually get behind our transfers but not in this instance, can't get in the Newcastle team, poor disciplinary record and the potential to give our rivals some much needed cash to strengthen.

It doesn't make sense on many levels so hopefully nothing comes of it and we can get someone in who is less of a risk to help keep us up.

There was an interesting piece written in the Newcastle Chronicle back in November which explains why they think Rafa doesn't fancy him. Worth a read.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/deserves-go-aleksandar-mitrovic-story-13845115

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

It does seem that leaving him at Newcastle would potentially do more damage to them, an upset player, upset manager, upset fanbase, miss out on potential signing.... than any benefit to us of getting him (as long as we get someone else of course....!)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
we will be a team of giants, if you add the 6'6 lad at Bristol city in...

Still wont be able to defend a corner for shit though....

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
We are linked with so many players we could end up doing a Palace and have too many players and have to leave some out of the squad! :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here