Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If you think about it and apply logic.

We have a current Newcastle player in our dressing room in Tim Krull - So I have no doubt that we are very aware of what the issues with Mitrovic at Newcastle are

He's not current, he is here permanently, but i do get what you mean.

I guess that would depend on how close Krul is/was to Mitrovic and probably more importantly, seeing as he was frozen out himself, what Krul's opinion on Rafa is, how much faith should be put on Krul's opinion?

Having said all that, one man who would know whether to trust Krul's opinion is Hughton, after all he worked with him at Newcastle and still signed him for us.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Just a thought there was talk of TB helping out/buying a club in Sweden or similar had that happened could that club have bought Mitrovic and then loaned him to us for the rest of the season thus circumventing the thought that Rafa wont sell to a rival. I think that if the price was right Ashley would sell above Rafa.

An excellent hypothetical cunning plan; and certainly one that Rafa would never have seen through ...:ffsparr:

If, and it’s probably a very big if, Rafa gets his new man then Mitrovic will be sold to the highest bidder.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just a thought there was talk of TB helping out/buying a club in Sweden or similar had that happened could that club have bought Mitrovic and then loaned him to us for the rest of the season thus circumventing the thought that Rafa wont sell to a rival. I think that if the price was right Ashley would sell above Rafa.

Paperwork is something that can be done. It sounds like not a bad idea to me.

I think that the folks up at Newcastle may just about be clever enough to work out that ruse, don't you?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think that the folks up at Newcastle may just about be clever enough to work out that ruse, don't you?
Maybe, maybe not. Or maybe Ashley would use it as a means of getting rid of Mitrovich without upsetting Rafa by selling him direct to us. Probably not, but then none of us know, do we?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Best get the 1st international clearance sorted asap then as it would need to be done twice before Wednesday night. At least it doesn't involve the welsh FA though.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Deal won’t happen now Ulloa is heading here for a £1m Loan deal. Makes sense...why spend £15m on Mitrovic when we can get Leo for rest of the season!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Deal won’t happen now Ulloa is heading here for a £1m Loan deal. Makes sense...why spend £15m on Mitrovic when we can get Leo for rest of the season!
Both is possible as Mitrovic is an investment for the future. Only if Hemed goes out on loan though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An excellent hypothetical cunning plan; and certainly one that Rafa would never have seen through ...:ffsparr:

If, and it’s probably a very big if, Rafa gets his new man then Mitrovic will be sold to the highest bidder.

But NOT to a fellow relegation candidate.

Newcastle have made that abundantly clear, but it doesn’t sink in.

Winstanley and the team will working on their other targets. It’s only the desparados of nsc, as we have so little other info, who continue to obsess about Mitrovic.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
But NOT to a fellow relegation candidate.

Newcastle have made that abundantly clear, but it doesn’t sink in.

Winstanley and the team will working on their other targets. It’s only the desparados of nsc, as we have so little other info, who continue to obsess about Mitrovic.

Don’t disagree with anything you’ve said there although a pedant might suggest that Rafa has made it abundantly clear that Mitrovic won’t be sold to a PL rival. When Ashley comes out with the same statement then we’ll know it’s a definite none starter. Anyway, onto the ‘return of Leo’ thread.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don’t disagree with anything you’ve said there although a pedant might suggest that Rafa has made it abundantly clear that Mitrovic won’t be sold to a PL rival. When Ashley comes out with the same statement then we’ll know it’s a definite none starter. Anyway, onto the ‘return of Leo’ thread.

Why would Ashley improve the odds of rival surviving?

He needs the tv income to sell the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

If they are so adamant that he isnt good enough in the Premier for their squad why would they think he would improve our chances in the same league. I think it is a clash of personalities rather than questioning his ability by Rafa.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Newcastle are skint so if they want a new striker they will need to offload Mitrovic. Do they maximise the sale value by selling to a rival in the PL who would meet their valuation or do they cut their losses by selling him for a smaller fee to a club in Europe. Newcastle’s rivals are the bottom 10 clubs at the moment although as the season progresses it will whittle down to about 4 or 5 clubs, and yes, I agree with your point, that will be us too. It does not make sense to sell him to us, but common sense is not in the Ashley mould when it comes to his running of Newcastle.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Should be pretty straight forward buying the Danish club, and getting Mitrovic before 11-00 on Wednesday.....come on TB, get your finger out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here