Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Referee Jon Moss, watching MotD, in his Chelsea pyjamas.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You sure? van Dijk booted Lamela in the leg! Clear as day.

[tweet]960218552426008576[/tweet]

In any case, it was the linesman who gave it. Excellent spot.

Oh come on, Lamela has collapsed like he's been hit by a snipper. It's a contact sport, that is as soft as they come.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Oh come on, Lamela has collapsed like he's been hit by a snipper. It's a contact sport, that is as soft as they come.

Quite often I would agree given the amount of soft penalties you saw based on minimal contact. However, the contact element of the sport does not allow you to kick players! That's what he did, so it's a clear penalty. Lamela made the most of it of course, but that doesn't make it not a penalty. The only person who I've heard disagree so far is Klopp!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

This is the Premier League so expect Shearer and co on MotD to say it's a penalty, and that the player is entitled to exaggerate the contact like he has here (no pen imo thou, hate what football has been turned into, who can cheat and lie the best rather than rely on skill and effort)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
1st was offside clearly even with the added slight touch from the defender and clearly never should of stood.
2nd you would be annoyed if it wasn’t called as the attacking team but also annoyed as the defending side as it’s bloody soft as they come and he’s in my opinion taking the piss falling like that.
What I would say is both the schloetto ones V Chelsea were much clearer penelties which makes it irritating he can give 2 such crap ones

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Apparently the 1st one wasn’t offside even though he was in an offside position when the ball was played as on the way through to him it came off a Liverpool player. I need to read the rule book again as I’d have said Kane was offside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Geez...just seen the second penalty on motd2...and no way was that a penalty....pity we didnt have that linesman when playing Chelsea!

How Potty can say that wasn't controversial ...LOOOOL

Oh well...the pundits think it was...thats me rubbished then :D

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If the first was a penalty then why wasn't Karius sent off? Kane would have scored if he hadn't been brought down. Moss is a hopeless ref.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My god he has ****ed up tonight. The BBC subtitles make it seem like he had no clue what he was doing. Two penalties missed at the Amex and two dodgy ones given tonight.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Geez...just seen the second penalty on motd2...and no way was that a penalty....pity we didnt have that linesman when playing Chelsea!

How Potty can say that wasn't controversial ...LOOOOL

Can't believe that the MotD pundits are saying it's a penalty. From most angles it doesn't even look as if VVD touched him - looks like he realised what was going on and pulled away from the challenge. As [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] says, Lamela went down like a sniper had taken him out.

I'm also not convinced by the first - Kane was looking for it and took what he could. My view is clouded by hearing him interviewed this evening where he said "If a goalkeeper goes down I'm not going to jump over him"

Compounded with Dele Alli booked for diving, again, my previous respect for Spurs has all but evaporated tonight.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Moss actually asked the 4th official to look at the tv to clarify if a Liverpool player touched the ball, I didn’t realise VAR had already started. To make it worse he admitted he didn’t know if there was a touch and there was no way the 4th official had time to clarify before he simply said, “I’m giving a penalty”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He could have consulted the 4th official / lino with our two appeals. But he didn't.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Can't believe that the MotD pundits are saying it's a penalty. From most angles it doesn't even look as if VVD touched him - looks like he realised what was going on and pulled away from the challenge. As [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] says, Lamela went down like a sniper had taken him out.

I'm also not convinced by the first - Kane was looking for it and took what he could. My view is clouded by hearing him interviewed this evening where he said "If a goalkeeper goes down I'm not going to jump over him"

Compounded with Dele Alli booked for diving, again, my previous respect for Spurs has all but evaporated tonight.

I can't believe some are saying that's not a penalty!

[tweet]960253908542214145[/tweet]

Jimmy Grimble

I can't believe some are saying that's not a penalty!

[tweet]960253908542214145[/tweet]

Extremely close to the lino's view and shows why he had more than enough justification to flag for it.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Obvious penalty.

Not really.

Lamela sees VVD swing for the ball. With out any intent to be anywhere near the ball, he dives in front of VVD hoping he’ll be kicked. VVD pulls out but probably too late to avoid contact.

As Lamela is clearly not going for the ball, I don’t think it is a penalty.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon

I can't believe the motd pundits, but for different reasons. The first penalty was NOT offside (the pundits reckoned it was). There's no debate about that, the rules of the game are completely clear that if the opponent plays the ball, the attacking player is not offside. The fact that Kane was in an offside position when the first pass was played is irrelevant, as the player doesn't become active until he receives the ball. However, for me the issue is that there was barely any contact by the goalkeeper on Kane and the penalty should not have been given for that reason. The second pen was absolutely clear. It was a hefty kick by VD on the Spurs player.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Respect for Spurs? I've never had any. Massively over entitled twats in my experience. Like a shit, London based Man United. Can't stand em.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Did anyone else see the fist pump from the lino after the ref decided on giving the first penalty for Spurs?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
1st was offside clearly even with the added slight touch from the defender and clearly never should of stood.
2nd you would be annoyed if it wasn’t called as the attacking team but also annoyed as the defending side as it’s bloody soft as they come and he’s in my opinion taking the piss falling like that.
What I would say is both the schloetto ones V Chelsea were much clearer penelties which makes it irritating he can give 2 such crap ones

Because the linesman at the AMEX decided not to do his job

If the first was a penalty then why wasn't Karius sent off? Kane would have scored if he hadn't been brought down. Moss is a hopeless ref.

Rules changed this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here