Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Labour party and anti-Semitism

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Typical leftie snowflakes having ago at stereotypes Jewish lads your all the same you commies why dont you go to russia if you like them so much theres no place for anti semolinaism in society anywhere unless its Chelsea fans singing a cheeky song at Spurs in which case theres only one word for it

Top Banter

regards
DR

Nearly got me again. You're really good.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
My concern is that anti-semitism is being intertwined with those who oppose aggressive Zionist attitudes.

It seems that people who fundamentally disagree with Israeli foreign policy are classed as anti-Jew.

It is wrong to discriminate or treat a race as inferior. It is not wrong to challenge the attitude and actions of a government.

then stick to criticizing Israeli Government policy and you won't have a problem. I am a critic of that Government but I manage to avoid anti scemitism.
your argument is similar to the one often levelled at Albion fans by others;
1) opposition fan lets forth a torrent of homophobic abuse including explicit sexual language and paedophile references,
2) Brighton fan calls out the homophobia
3) Other opposition fans mock us for not taking a joke about songs about holding hands.

Your concerns are unfounded. Labour supporters amongst other issues need to stop supporting artwork suggesting Jewish conspiracies, stop defending online 'jokes' about gassing jews and stop consorting with self declared anti scemites/holocaust deniers. Do all this and stop hiding behind the false argument that you are only criticizing Israeli Government policy.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Anyone who doesn’t agree with your brand of politics you consider right wing, I’m more and more convinced you aren’t just pretending to be stupid!

Absolutely this.......! Has turned out to be a thoroughly unpleasant poster.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Strange that a football club with the motto #together has so many nasty right wing idiots who post on their message board

Keep digging. It's a shame that it has many left wingers who seem unable or unwilling to condemn the anti semitic labour party.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So which idiot are you? Speak no, hear no or see no evil? And you call others swivel eyed twisted loons? And furthermore you have been dumb enough to post three consecutive posts trying to defend who/what is being universally condemned even from those on the left of the political spectrum. It seems the hunger for power has overtaken the called good moral values that Labour have always stood for, Momentum and their supporters have had their fingers burned publicly, and Jezza is rightly catching the fallout. But please Erns, carry on making an xxxx of yourself :lol:

I think he is a right wing troll, actually, which is why I have blocked him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Keep digging. It's a shame that it has many left wingers who seem unable or unwilling to condemn the anti semitic labour party.

Not true. We 'lefties' are queuing up, even in this thread. Corbyn is a joke. It is a minority of swivel eyed 'anti zionists' who are pissing in the labour swimming pool. Again. Plus of course the fake labour trolls, stirring up the likes of you in a right winger-fest......

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
then stick to criticizing Israeli Government policy and you won't have a problem. I am a critic of that Government but I manage to avoid anti scemitism.

Same here....

Your argument is similar to the one often leveled at Albion fans by others;
1) opposition fan lets forth a torrent of homophobic abuse including explicit sexual language and paedophile references,
2) Brighton fan calls out the homophobia
3) Other opposition fans mock us for not taking a joke about songs about holding hands.

Actually, it's more like Albion fans hurling sick chants at another group and then attacking those who are critical for being homophobic....

Your concerns are unfounded. Labour supporters amongst other issues need to stop supporting artwork suggesting Jewish conspiracies, stop defending online 'jokes' about gassing jews and stop consorting with self declared anti scemites/holocaust deniers. Do all this and stop hiding behind the false argument that you are only criticizing Israeli Government policy.

I'm not a Labour Party member and know none who do such things. If there are I suggest they are few.

As for the artwork, I suggest that Corbyn hadn't looked close enough at the depictions before relaying his thoughts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Your list suggests the Tory Party has a history of antoi scemitism. On that much we agree.
What I don't understand is the logic behind your statement 'there is only one party that is anti scemitic. Jeremy Corbyn has said there are pockets of anti scemitism within the Labour Party. Therefore surely there are two parties with a problem with anti scemitism or are you calling the Labour Party leader a liar ?

He is a troll. He is not a labour supporter. Just block him, like I have done. He's trolled all over this thread, with the intention of making labour look even more foolish than it really is (and it is a bit foolish right now, under Jezza).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But then aren’t you playing the position of left wing idiot?

Yes he is. He is a TROLL (pretending to be a labour supporter with no brain in order to attract mocking replies.....)

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Not true. We 'lefties' are queuing up, even in this thread. Corbyn is a joke. It is a minority of swivel eyed 'anti zionists' who are pissing in the labour swimming pool. Again. Plus of course the fake labour trolls, stirring up the likes of you in a right winger-fest......

Ernest...fake labour troll?? That's fake news to me H.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Wise words from Tony Blair on Newsnight... Corbyn would do well to listen to them

“I don’t believe he is personally anti-semitic, but I do believe that he and the people around him particularly around him do not understand the seriousness of this problem.

It’s got beyond the stage where words will solve this. He’s going to have to show that he really understands the issue, that the people round him really understand it, and that he’s prepared to act on it.

You can be anti the policy of any one Government in Israel – that’s different from being anti the state of Israel, anti its existence, and when people are in that position it very quickly trends across into anti Semitism.”

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
In support of J.C

I'm certainly no fan of Mr Corbyn BUT, the abuse he seems to get is in my eyes is almost bordering on victimisation. The same old stories get dragged up time and time again. Has this country lost it's sense of fair play? Poor Jeremy must spend a lot of his spare time crying in some quiet corner. As a Farage admirer, it might seem strange that I should speak up for J.C but I have.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Easter would seem an appropriate time for some support of JC.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Wise words from Tony Blair on Newsnight... Corbyn would do well to listen to them

“I don’t believe he is personally anti-semitic, but I do believe that he and the people around him particularly around him do not understand the seriousness of this problem.

It’s got beyond the stage where words will solve this. He’s going to have to show that he really understands the issue, that the people round him really understand it, and that he’s prepared to act on it.

You can be anti the policy of any one Government in Israel – that’s different from being anti the state of Israel, anti its existence, and when people are in that position it very quickly trends across into anti Semitism.”
Pretty feeble stuff from Tory Liar...

So some "people around" JC overstep the mark on some issues and are generally not the shrewdest.. Hold the front page!!!

If those criteria for unacceptable weakness were applied to all politicians then the House of Commons would be like Edgbaston on the third day of a County Championship match...!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Coming from a Jewish family, I feel the same way about it. The way the 'right' is attempting to muddy the waters between being anti Jew, and anti Jewish state is pretty disgusting.

Attachments

• 29541448_1019888431482664_1916615706870894095_n.jpg
    29541448_1019888431482664_1916615706870894095_n.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 103

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The left clearly has a problem with anti-semitism. I don't know how big that problem is, but any racism is too much racism.
The fact that the same problem exists on the centre right (see Nick Timothy) doesn't make that any less true or any less problematic.

It seems to have become worse (or those that hold these views have become more confident) under Corbyn and while I do not believe he is anti-semitic for one moment, he has been far too slow and reluctant to clamp down on this. I hope we'll now see stronger action. Because I support what Corbyn and his allies are trying to do and this is undermining their credibility.

Owen Smith on the other hand is an irrelevance. As is Blair

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Coming from a Jewish family, I feel the same way about it. The way the 'right' is attempting to muddy the waters between being anti Jew, and anti Jewish state is pretty disgusting.
So it's a right wing plot and the Board of Deputies isn't smart enough to realise that it's the Tories who are the ones stirring up anti-Semitism. Gotcha.

That Jewish Voice for Labour is almost as representative of the wider Jewish sentiment as me and I'm not Jewish.

Support for Labour amongst Jewish voters has completely collapsed. We're talking something like 7% from near 30% when Corbyn became leader. The only ones left are these hard-core, hard-left activists. Oh, and people like Kamel Hawwash, a member of JVL even though he's not Jewish. He is deeply anti-Iseael though.

As far as I'm aware the Board of Deputies don't take political sides in British politics and they legitimately represent the biggest and therefore the most diverse range of Jewish opinion. If they say that Jews are scared then I think I'd rather take their word for it than JVL.

This is serious stuff. A huge number of British Jews have become so fearful that they've taken this unprecedented action. The least we should do is try to put politics to one side and listen and discuss this. Sticking your fingers in your ears and dismissing it as a wider Zionist campaign to smear Corbyn makes you part of the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here