Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Labour party and anti-Semitism

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I am currently looking at this mural and reading about the intentions of its artist and reading different opinions about it. You however, have clearly made up your mind about it, and about me and there is no shifting your opinion. If you are really interested in my opinion about this piece of art I will do my best to post it, then presumably if it doesn't tally up with yours you can call me some variation of anti-semitic while considering me living in denial with my mind closed.

Remarkable.Instead of showing some humility you have taken time off from your background reading to have a go at me for already having formed an opinion. I am hardly likely to change my view after discussion with someone who by their own admission knows very little about the subject but is happy to pontificate about it anyway.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Amazing all the swivel eyed RIGHT wing loonies and the BITTER Blairites digging up something from 2012 to get OUTRAGED about, shame they didn't do it then rather than leave it till now as they might be a bit more credible

You are really not making any sense, please pop down The Cliftonville and lubricate your witticisms. As for politics, as stupid as ever.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Clearly the mural was hostile towards Jewish people, that’s obvious. Don’t get why Corbyn hates the Jewish religion so much. I would have thought Christianity has more in common with Judaism than most other religions. He obviously has a serious problem with Jewish people in general. Not sure for what reason, but safe to say it’s a disturbing character trait of his

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Amazing all the swivel eyed RIGHT wing loonies and the BITTER Blairites digging up something from 2012 to get OUTRAGED about, shame they didn't do it then rather than leave it till now as they might be a bit more credible

You don’t need to be right wing to have serious reservations about why the labour leader feels it isn’t fine to be nasty about minority groups as long as that minority isn’t Jewish. Quite shocking actually. If Corbyn held the same prejudices against Black people or Muslim people, he would no longer by the leader of the Labour Party. However because it is Jewish people who probably won’t kick up that much of a fuss, he thinks it’s ok. It isn’t.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
You don’t need to be right wing to have serious reservations about why the labour leader feels it isn’t fine to be nasty about minority groups as long as that minority isn’t Jewish. Quite shocking actually. If Corbyn held the same prejudices against Black people or Muslim people, he would no longer by the leader of the Labour Party. However because it is Jewish people who probably won’t kick up that much of a fuss, he thinks it’s ok. It isn’t.

Try and think for yourself instead of repeating rubbish in the Daily Mail, you could also answer why you didn't get outraged in 2012 when this was posted ???

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Try and think for yourself instead of repeating rubbish in the Daily Mail, you could also answer why you didn't get outraged in 2012 when this was posted ???
Jezza wasn't the People's Princess in 2012 though. In fact he wasn't really anything other than a chippy backbench MP, was he?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Corbyn hates the USA and capitalism, so follows that through to the Jews. Despite many Jews in history being major players in left wing politics globally.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Put yourself in the shop window be prepared to take criticism. I'm sure there are other ghosts in his closet waiting to be aired

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Corbyn hates the USA and capitalism, so follows that through to the Jews. Despite many Jews in history being major players in left wing politics globally.

This isnt true. When has he ever said he hates the USA, capitalism or the Jews? He has fought against racism and for human rifghts all his life. He has argued against the policies of the USA, global capitalism, and the policies of the state of Israel when they run counter to principles of social justicel, and human rights.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

I don’t repeat anything in the Daily Mail as I don’t read it. I mainly read the Times . Because it happened 5 years ago is no excuse. Your clearly a big supporter of the racist labour leader aren’t you.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It's only Corbyn who will know how much he knew about the mural before commenting. But, for balance, I'll add this:

- In 2003, Corbyn was among the first MPs to sign early day motion 123, explicitly condemning antisemitism
- In 2009, he signed EDM 850, congratulating Jewish News on an investigation into antisemitism on Facebook
- In 2012, around the same time he was making his Facebook comment, Corbyn was a co-sponsor of – and one of only twenty-five MPs to sign – EDM 195, condemning the BBC’s plan to cancel a programme specifically for the Manchester Jewish community
- In 2013, just five months after his Facebook comment about the mural, Corbyn was one of only thirty-three MPs to sign EDM 1133, condemning antisemitism in sport and calling for the adoption of all necessary measures to combat it

https://skwawkbox.org/2018/03/23/co...s-mearone-smear-could-not-be-more-misleading/

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think the description of yourself under your user name is clearly very apt ! I may be new to NSC but I don’t get the impression you have that many allies on this board. Wonder why..

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
racist labour leader

Why would a racist get arrested for protesting against apartheid outside The South African embassy?

maxresdefault.jpg

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Clearly the mural was hostile towards Jewish people, that’s obvious. Don’t get why Corbyn hates the Jewish religion so much. I would have thought Christianity has more in common with Judaism than most other religions. He obviously has a serious problem with Jewish people in general. Not sure for what reason, but safe to say it’s a disturbing character trait of his

His record doesn't strike me as someone who hates or has a problem with Jewish people in general.

It's only Corbyn who will know how much he knew about the mural before commenting. But, for balance, I'll add this:

- In 2003, Corbyn was among the first MPs to sign early day motion 123, explicitly condemning antisemitism
- In 2009, he signed EDM 850, congratulating Jewish News on an investigation into antisemitism on Facebook
- In 2012, around the same time he was making his Facebook comment, Corbyn was a co-sponsor of – and one of only twenty-five MPs to sign – EDM 195, condemning the BBC’s plan to cancel a programme specifically for the Manchester Jewish community
- In 2013, just five months after his Facebook comment about the mural, Corbyn was one of only thirty-three MPs to sign EDM 1133, condemning antisemitism in sport and calling for the adoption of all necessary measures to combat it

https://skwawkbox.org/2018/03/23/co...s-mearone-smear-could-not-be-more-misleading/

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

For a bit more balance I'll add this.

-Corbyn’s personal support for an anti-Semitic cartoon is just one of several times he has actively defended anti-Semites.

-There was the letter Corbyn wrote in defence of Stephen Sizer, who shared anti-Semitic material linking Jews and Israel to the 9/11 attacks. Corbyn blamed Sizer’s anti-Semitic postings on a “technical oversight” and implied “certain individuals” were targeting him.

-Then there was Paul Eisen, the infamous self-professed Holocaust denier who wrote:

“I question that there ever existed homicidal gas-chambers… Deny the Holocaust! For my money, a child of six can see that something’s not right about the Holocaust narrative… For me, “Holocaust Denier” is a label I accept.”

Corbyn admitted supporting Eisen’s Deir Yassen Remembered group. Many mainstream Palestinians view the group as anti-Semitic and riddled with Holocaust deniers. The group included Gill Kaffash, a former Labour councillor and associate of Corbyn for many years. She once told an Iranian news agency that the Holocaust needed to be “further examined to uncover the truth”. Corbyn said he couldn’t remember if he had donated money to Eisen and Kaffash’s campaign. Eisen said he did donate. This is Corbyn at a meeting held by the organisation in 2013. Corbyn was associated with the group for 10 years.

-Sheikh Raed Salah was found by a British judge to have used the blood libel. He was sentenced to eight months in prison in Israel for inciting anti-Jewish racism. Corbyn called Salah “a very honoured citizen” and invited him for tea on the terrace in parliament. This tweet from Corbyn’s account is still up:

Delighted that Sheikh Raed Salah was won his appeal against the Home Secretary on all counts. His voice of the Palestinians must be heard.

— Jeremy Corbyn (@jeremycorbyn) April 8, 2012

-In October 2014 Corbyn wrote an article for the Morning Star admitting he attended a wreath-laying ceremony at the grave of a Palestinian terrorist who carried out the Munich massacre. Corbyn wrote that wreaths were laid “on the graves of others killed by Mossad agents in Paris”. Atef Bseiso was the PLO head of intelligence and was one of the Palestinian terrorists who was involved in Munich. Bseiso was shot dead by Israeli agents in Paris. The Sunday Times sent a reporter to the graveyard of the “martyrs” that Corbyn visited. Bseiso is buried there.

https://order-order.com/2018/03/24/corbyn-personally-supported-multiple-anti-semites/

If a man is judged by who he chooses to support and defend his supposed abhorrence for antisemitism seems a bit inconsistent.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Why would a racist get arrested for protesting against apartheid outside The South African embassy?

View attachment 95478

Indeed. I don't think for one moment that JC is racist. He has a good record in standing up to all types of discrimination, including anti scemitism. The problem often comes from his supporters who use age old anti scemitic lies. Many of these are older Trots who should know better and kids who lack knowledge of the history of what what has happened when a race is scapegoated for supposed financial conspiracy etc etc. For any of the latter reading this; where do you think all the jokes about Jews being tight with money come from, you know like the ones hilariously posted by the member of Brighton Momentum on the thread about the 'gas the jews joke' ?
JC needs better friends/associates.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
unnamed-2.jpg

Jewish groups have dubbed Labour a “racist party”, announced a protest against Jeremy Corbyn at parliament tomorrow and called for a national demonstration against the Labour leader. In remarkable developments today, the Jewish Leadership Council and the Board of Deputies announced a protest in Westminster tomorrow at 5:30pm where they will deliver a letter of condemnation to the Parliamentary Labour Party:

“The leadership of the Jewish community will be delivering a letter to the Parliamentary Labour Party in advance of its meeting at 6pm. We call on members of our community and all those who oppose antisemitism to join us in Parliament Square at 5:30pm to show solidarity.”

Separately, the Campaign Against Anti-Semitism said they would be organising a national demonstration to take place in London on 8 April. They declared Labour under Corbyn a “racist party”:

“We accuse the Labour Party, its MPs and institutions, of complicity with and promotion of antisemitic racism. In particular, most Labour MPs, with heroic exceptions, have merely wrung their hands and spoken fine words without at any point acting or putting themselves at risk. We are at an historic moment: there is no hiding place for them any longer. The Labour Party under Jeremy Corbyn is now a racist party and to be silent now is to condone.”

https://order-order.com/2018/03/25/...rliament-protest-call-national-demonstration/

Strong words.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here