Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Swansea v Liverpool tonight

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We lost 4....0 to Chelsea? I appreciate we put up a good fight against a top side but we lost,

I guess I should have qualified it by stating 5 to 70 mins. We will rarely see a performance like Hazard's supported very ably by William. Had we played like that against Bournemouth or West Brom we would have won.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Who knows what might have happened if Coutinho hadn’t been playing the day he took us apart?

We had so many chances in that game and took none. Liverpool took nearly all of theirs with Coutinho orchestrating.

I refuse to be despondent with so much of the season to go but am realistic enough to know we must be favourites for the drop on recent form. Keep saying it but we are going to need the luck that so many other teams seem to be having to get our season back on track.

I'm afraid not, we are 4th favourites for the drop, you can still get 13/8 with BetVictor. Swansea are 1/2 fav's even after beating the lack lustre Liverpool last night. :thumbsup:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I guess I should have qualified it by stating 5 to 70 mins. We will rarely see a performance like Hazard's supported very ably by William. Had we played like that against Bournemouth or West Brom we would have won.

Not necessarily.
We made so many mistakes against Chelsea that other teams would have taken advantage as well. We played well against Bmuff but defended poorly. We played poorly at West Brom and defended poorly. It doesn't matter how well you play going forward, if your defence is a mess ( which it has been of late and shows no sign of improving ) you are going to drop points.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not necessarily.
We made so many mistakes against Chelsea that other teams would have taken advantage as well. We played well against Bmuff but defended poorly. We played poorly at West Brom and defended poorly. It doesn't matter how well you play going forward, if your defence is a mess ( which it has been of late and shows no sign of improving ) you are going to drop points.

i think I am getting beaten into submission so i will re-qualify my comments . For a 65 minute period the game was balanced and a joy to watch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm afraid not, we are 4th favourites for the drop, you can still get 13/8 with BetVictor. Swansea are 1/2 fav's even after beating the lack lustre Liverpool last night. :thumbsup:

I won’t be betting!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Had we played 'like that' against a number of teams we would have won. Palace and Everton to add to your Bournemouth and West Bromwich.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Had we played 'like that' against a number of teams we would have won. Palace and Everton to add to your Bournemouth and West Bromwich.

Failing to beat a 10 man Watford away from home, Glenn Murray skewing his penalty over the bar that would have beaten Burnley, failing to finish off Southampton and Stoke at home. We had plenty of chances of picking up more points. Then again, l guess every team in our position could cite similar examples.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Failing to beat a 10 man Watford away from home, Glenn Murray skewing his penalty over the bar that would have beaten Burnley, failing to finish off Southampton and Stoke at home. We had plenty of chances of picking up more points. Then again, l guess every team in our position could cite similar examples.

We just need to be a bit more accurate...some of our shots are simply rubbish technique! It's that level of skills (more accurately improving skills daily) that separates the big names from the likes of Murray and Hemed. Not having a dig at them saying that. It is only a small percentage of performance too...there is also some increased level of natural ability.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's as maybe, but he failed on numerous occasions to get Sheffield Wednesday out of the Championship, hence they gave him his P45.

Liverpool were dire last night.

Swansea sat back with 11 men, CC really admitted as much and got lucky in scoring first. Until then Swansea had only attacked once in 40 minutes when (the awful on the night) Gomez dived in at RB. With that sort of match, 21 men condensed at one end of the pitch, the result was almost inevitable after that. Liverpool the rushed things. WBA and Palace for example have mugged Liverpool and others many a time with the identical deep block strategy.

Hughton has played similar tactics against many teams this season for example Man City at home, but we simply haven't got any pace or PL fire power at the other end to get that break through goal. Plus despite the blue-tinted hype, Bruno/Duffy/Dunk aren't as amazing at defending as we all thought they were at this level to get us regular clean sheets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here