Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Chelsea, Match REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
We played Chelsea. They won, but despite the score-line we were actually not shit.

Read about here, if you want... http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?720-Albion-0-4-Chelsea-20-01-2018

Albion were denied the clearest of penalties. The galloping Schelotto – the player who benefitted most from a new role – was first to reach a weak punch out, from the erratic Caballero. As the Chelsea keeper rushed out after the ball to try to redeem his error, he instead compounded it, by arriving late and wiping out the Argentine wing-back. To the astonishment of all present, Mr Moss didn’t see the offence, and ignored all appeals. In his defence, he may not have had a clear view – given though, that the view he was afforded, was a result of his lack of fitness preventing him from being where he ought to have been – it isn’t a great defence. No such excuse for his assistant – fifteen yards away, with clear line of sight. What the actual **** are these idiots even there for?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good write up, got it pretty much spot on.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Thanks, enjoyed that as always, especially as that's the first home game I've missed this year, so had to rely on MOTD

The highlights that MotD chose to use, were a pretty fair representation of the match, IMO.

Only moments of real note that they missed out, were the Duffy headed chance, which was a really bad miss, and Hazard's penalty claim at the end of the first half. I haven't seen that back at all, and have no idea if it were a pen / a dive / something in between.

I also forgot to include it in my report!

cyberleech

May 21, 2013
Good write-up, I enjoyed the game, just worried at the amount of space we gave Hazard. And Goldson was struggling I thought too...

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The highlights that MotD chose to use, were a pretty fair representation of the match, IMO.

Only moments of real note that they missed out, were the Duffy headed chance, which was a really bad miss, and Hazard's penalty claim at the end of the first half. I haven't seen that back at all, and have no idea if it were a pen / a dive / something in between.

I also forgot to include it in my report!

Something in between. Doubtful if there was much of a touch, and possibly a millimetre outside the box anyway. If he had given that, and not the other two, it would have been an outrage.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Good write-up, I enjoyed the game, just worried at the amount of space we gave Hazard. And Goldson was struggling I thought too...

I don't think we GAVE Hazard the space. He just found it by MAGIC. No shame in it - on song, he has, and will in future, destroy better teams than ours.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I don't think we GAVE Hazard the space. He just found it by MAGIC. No shame in it - on song, he has, and will in future, destroy better teams than ours.

Great Report, thank you..I sound like I am just quoting the Shearer analysis, but the system didn't help as much of the space they found were in areas that the back 3 just weren't sure whether they should/could go into. Tough one for them against opposition that know how to find space against the very best of teams.. A back 3 really relies on not giving the ball away and again unfortunately Duffy in particular did on Saturday. That said, was really pleased with Hughton trying something different, especially against teams that play 3 at the back themselves as I think we have struggled particularly in the games when that has been the case before..

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Great report as per. However, where is the AR..., hang on...

Attachments

• Art.jpg
    Art.jpg
    904 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It was in progress, but the ARTWORK featuring Jon Moss enjoying Match of the Day, in his Chelsea pyjamas, duly added...

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here