Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Remaining transfer business

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It seems Chelsea haven't cancelled the loan yet.

To be honest I hope we don't need it cancelled as that means we are bringing in 2 loan players. At this stage why would loan players even care if we go down ?

I don't see them as all bad, Lingard was an example of a player wanting to better himself and get in the Utd team (worked for him) and Pocognoli someone who wants to play (give us an option to watch and sign) or get himself in the shop window, these two examples where it works and it gives Chris some more options. But to be fair I think the club prefers to buy if the maths and deals works out.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
It seems Chelsea haven't cancelled the loan yet.

To be honest I hope we don't need it cancelled as that means we are bringing in 2 loan players. At this stage why would loan players even care if we go down ?

Depends who it is (eg Ulloa would care but that's an obvious example.) It has been said before but given this is a world cup year a player needing games and performances or potentially miss out on selection might be worth bringing in. Other than that I would agree with you. We need committed types.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My mindset is that we are going down. Pleased with the new signing and really hope he gets fit soon. How good he is we’ll find out but the recruitment team have made good signings recently so quite hopeful.

I don’t think we currently have enough to stay up but I’m enjoying the ride and maybe we will get the players in to make us more competitive at this level before the end of the window. If we don’t I’m sure we’ll make a good fist of fighting relegation although we really do need to stop the rot soon.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yeah, I think our club record signing is a replacement for Izzy Brown. We needed someone to come on for the last 5 minutes or so of games and he fits the bill perfectly. I fully expect us to now spend 18m to replace Sidwell as the bench midfielder and 22m for a fourth choice winger now that Murphy has gone.

Don't be a complete prick. Postional wise, He is not an out and out striker and if you watch a lot of his highlights he has been used more out wide than through the middle. Pesonally I would be suprised to see him Replace Murray as an out and out front man. an attacking option like Brown yes but not the man to lead the line. As such I was asking do you think there will be anyone else?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Don't be a complete prick. Postional wise, He is not an out and out striker and if you watch a lot of his highlights he has been used more out wide than through the middle. Pesonally I would be suprised to see him Replace Murray as an out and out front man. an attacking option like Brown yes but not the man to lead the line. As such I was asking do you think there will be anyone else?

don't tell me what to do :hilton:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The Argus article say Chelsea have to cancel the Izzy Brown loan to enable us to sign someone else. Is this correct, could they just keep it open in hope Izzy plays some games at the end of season, or are they just making a story out of some thing that would just be a formnality.

Brown’s return to Stamford Bridge does not automatically give Albion scope for two loans unless Chelsea agree to cancel the deal, which was scheduled to be for the whole season.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/158...ness_in_January_transfer_window_says_Hughton/

I assume we are still paying his wages so would need to reach a financial settlement with Chelsea for them to agree to cancelling the loan.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Are their examples where this happens does anyone know.

from the FA

Subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season. Any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window. Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I think they’ll be more.

I think your have pitched Locadia correctly.
He seems not to be a natural number 10 or a one dimensional number 9 but would be a definite starter in a 4-3-3 or even Saturday’s 3-4-1-2. However, I’d have him in our 4-4-1-1 above the other 3 strikers as he seems to posses better pace and power on the break. He could also be a good option on the wing in that formation.

Any more striker signings would see us lose Hemed or Baldock but I’d like to see more quality with a Dembele or Ulloa coming in.

Groß needs a back up for the Number 10/AM role too which could br another player able to play CM like Groß can.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think they’ll be more.

I think your have pitched Locadia correctly.
He seems not to be a natural number 10 or a one dimensional number 9 but would be a definite starter in a 4-3-3 or even Saturday’s 3-4-1-2. However, I’d have him in our 4-4-1-1 above the other 3 strikers as he seems to posses better pace and power on the break. He could also be a good option on the wing in that formation.

Any more striker signings would see us lose Hemed or Baldock but I’d like to see more quality with a Dembele or Ulloa coming in.

Groß needs a back up for the Number 10/AM role too which could br another player able to play CM like Groß can.

Just a hunch, but I get the feeling, with Chris's reluctance to use Baldock, we may have an offer on the table and don't want him to get injured before we back fill the position, allowing him to move on.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I think billing Locadia as a/the striker is a ploy to get fans off the clubs back but I have a hunch as others have speculated that he’s more of a direct Brown replacement so I expect someone more direct to come in if the deal is right.

Further to that I expect a midfielder and another defender to arrive.

Either way I’d like to see either Goldson or Uwe to get the nod over Duffy for the next three games at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here