Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Message to young fans and their mums and dads

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Got to bite on this one. I deliver mail to a Spurs fan. He loved his team and watched then regularly. He has two boys who supported Spurs as well. He started to come to The Amex with his boys and they loved it. Next thing you know he buys his kids full kits to go to The Amex. Then (sadly imho) he started wearing full kit himself. .

Are you serious?
He actually wears a FULL KIT ? ???

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
So football player does a nice thing for a kid. Kid is made up. Dad is happy to see his son so happy. And this is a bad thing?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A mates girlfriend ask me at the game what I thought parents tell their kids about the swearing they hear..?

As a parent of an 8 year old who is on his 3rd season as a season ticket holder I tell him swearing stays at football. If he swears outside of football he's in big trouble.

Also some of the songs get changed. "2 Nil and you MUCKED it up" etc etc

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The lad and his uncle in the front row weren't even Brighton fans anyway. They were Chelsea fans with tickets in the East Stand. (i think i know loads of Albion fans/friends who did likewise for Spurs at Wembley) ...And he said this after...

"Me and my nephew both Chelsea fans cheering Chelsea in the Brighton end and getting hazard shirt different class...Don’t matter who you support fact that hazard gave his shirt to a young fan is class and hel never forget it he couldn’t stop smiling all the way home...Mate I’m not even gonna bother reading the negative ones from sadly lonely men sitting behind there keyboards hazard is a class act my nephew will remember this day forever...He’s a Chelsea fan anyway but even if he wasn’t it wouldn’t matter he’s just been given a shirt by one of worlds best players, I’m gonna write to Chelsea and see if I can get it signed...Would like to say a massive thank you to @hazardeden10 for giving my nephew his shirt yesterday Top man and a different class player the boy is made up your his hero he can’t stop smiling [MENTION=11501]Chelsea[/MENTION]FC ��"

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I haven’t seen anyone picking on the kid?

The Dad, however, is a massive tool.

On the lovely Twitter, there were several tweets calling both the kids c- words (liked by 50 or so "fans") . Now thankfully deleted. The Dad, is in fact his uncle and he's a Chelsea fan too.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
On the lovely Twitter, there were several tweets calling both the kids c- words (liked by 50 or so "fans") . Now thankfully deleted. The Dad, is in fact his uncle and he's a Chelsea fan too.
I agree it's ridiculous, how low can people go. Now the other side of the coin, my brother in law took my nephew who supports Man United to the home end at Stamford Bridge. My brother in law being completely naive about tribal football rivalry never thought about his nipper wearing his United shirt. They had an horrendous experience and he could not believe the abuse he and his son received. This was a few years ago and it put him off for life going to football and at the time he feared for his life. I did not know at the time they had tickets for the Chelsea end otherwise I would have warned them of the protocol.
Doesn't it put into perspective how a lot of football fans act like animals ( me included) and how sad it is our own fans seem to be reacting to a similar situation from behind their keyboards. Would they have confronted this man and his son if they were next to the incident? If they had I would of thought what a sad case they were.

Wouldn't happen at Rugby or Cricket.....not even the Ashes.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

That’s twitter for you, and those comments made to a child are totally out of order.
Bit of a shame this thread has turned into ‘was the kid right or wrong / does it even matter’ debate.
Never the intention. Who cares?
I was trying to drum up support for the team for our crucial game against West Ham.
I genuinely believe the atmposhere created at some other clubs is generating them the odd point.
And yes, perhaps I am one of those tribal fans. I don’t care how decorated the opposition players are.
no respect. No selfies. No red carpet. No acknowledgement for skilful play.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That’s twitter for you, and those comments made to a child are totally out of order.
Bit of a shame this thread has turned into ‘was the kid right or wrong / does it even matter’ debate.
Never the intention.
I was trying to drum up support for the team.
I genuinely believe the atmposhere created at some other clubs is generating them the odd point.
And yes, perhaps I am one of those tribal fans. I don’t care how decorated the opposition players are.
While the game is on, no respect. No selfies. No red carpet. No polite round of applause for skilful play.

PS: of course.

PPS:

[tweet]777946474520928256[/tweet]

(and for those on Tapatalk)

https://twitter.com/JemStone/status/777946474520928256

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here