Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Message to young fans and their mums and dads

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
So how many Man Utd shirts would you have over Albion shirts mate?
Giggs? Chaltons? Bryan Robson?

Probably but then again they were better than West Ham shirts.For your information i have only owned two United shirts....pre Albion days and around 15 Brighton ones.:thumbsup:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Perhaps some of NSC’s outraged could draft a new set of T&C’s for season ticket holders stipulating;
Latest acceptable arrival time
Allowable time limit to leave and return to your seat at half time
Required number of displays of the crucifixion position, shouting loud abuse and finger flicking at opposition fans.
The minimum number of times you must stand up, during each match, if you hate Palace
The signing of a disclaimer to the effect that all members of your family, attending games, must be Albion fans with no exceptions being made for any under 10’s thinking that world class players are something they’d like to aspire to.
Leaving any of the newly installed card recognising exits until after the final whistle had blown, will result in a deduction of loyalty points
The non purchase of digital recording clapping gloves to confirm compliance with stipulated clapping events will not be tolerated.
The only pies allowed for consumption will be Chilli, as boring as they are.
If you are over the age of 18 you have to buy at least one pint of Harvey’s per game, even if it is not to your taste.
Absolutely no leaving until everyone has left the pitch, including groundsmen.

Please feel free to add any more

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would suggest people get a life. It's a game of football. So what if he wants Hazard's shirt. I'd be more concerned if he was after the shirt of some nobody playing for stoke. Hazard is one of the top players in the world. If Pele in his prime was playing my team and I had a chance of getting his shirt I would even if that meant passing up on Nobby Horton's!

el punal

Well if it's any consolation to all the hand wringing on here I took my 9 year old grandson to his first Premier League game yesterday, as we were in the West Upper he couldn't actually ask for any player's shirt. So what did he do? We went to to the club shop and with his savings and Christmas money he bought the third strip black shirt, had his name and No.19 (he likes Jose Izquierdo!) printed on the back. Duly purchased, off came his Maty Ryan goalie top (to be worn another day) and went the little black number. Pleased as Punch, happy as Larry, with no begging or grovelling of any players, he did his bit and supported the club.

It makes me proud. :albion2:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I disagree with some the kid involved is not obsessed with the Albion as I was as a kid. Something's gone wrong over the generations as far to many see the Albion as a second team or somewhere to go to see the 'big teams'.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well if it's any consolation to all the hand wringing on here I took my 9 year old grandson to his first Premier League game yesterday, as we were in the West Upper he couldn't actually ask for any player's shirt. So what did he do? We went to to the club shop and with his savings and Christmas money he bought the third strip black shirt, had his name and No.19 (he likes Jose Izquierdo!) printed on the back. Duly purchased, off came his Maty Ryan goalie top (to be worn another day) and went the little black number. Pleased as Punch, happy as Larry, with no begging or grovelling of any players, he did his bit and supported the club.

It makes me proud. :albion2:

Good lad. Makes me proud too

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We’ve all seen the footage of the boy asking, and being given, Hazard’s shirt.
I’m not going to criticise a child and I’m sure it made his year.
But I don’t believe he, or his dad, reflect most of our fans.
Most junior Seagulls would (I hope) only want to be given a shirt worn by a player wearing stripes.
So how about at the West Ham we show support to OUR players (and perhaps help stop this inferiority complex we seem to have against some clubs).
It would be epic if all young fans came to the game and held signs saying ‘Lewis Dunk (or whoever) please can I have your shirt’.
If you see a slightly older supporter holding a Schellotto sign, come and say hello to Dale Jasper!
Just a thought.

There were three hour queues to meet our players at the Young Seagulls Christmas Party. THREE HOURS!

I think this situation has got a lot of unnecessary, negative attention. All of young fans love our team, but Hazard is a global superstar. He came 18th in the Ballon d’or. So what if he’s an idol to a five year old Brighton fan. He proved why yesterday

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As hard as it seems we've managed to make Reading and Bournemouth look like intimidating places to go. Enough. No more selfie sticks or gawping at the away coach. Just get in the ground and back your team, God knows they need it. If not this'll be the last time you see Hazard or Kane or Pogba for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perhaps some of NSC’s outraged could draft a new set of T&C’s for season ticket holders stipulating;
Latest acceptable arrival time
Allowable time limit to leave and return to your seat at half time
Required number of displays of the crucifixion position, shouting loud abuse and finger flicking at opposition fans.
The minimum number of times you must stand up, during each match, if you hate Palace
The signing of a disclaimer to the effect that all members of your family, attending games, must be Albion fans with no exceptions being made for any under 10’s thinking that world class players are something they’d like to aspire to.
Leaving any of the newly installed card recognising exits until after the final whistle had blown, will result in a deduction of loyalty points
The non purchase of digital recording clapping gloves to confirm compliance with stipulated clapping events will not be tolerated.
The only pies allowed for consumption will be Chilli, as boring as they are.
If you are over the age of 18 you have to buy at least one pint of Harvey’s per game, even if it is not to your taste.
Absolutely no leaving until everyone has left the pitch, including groundsmen.

Please feel free to add any more

Sneering at people who think away fans should f uck off into the away end and not play 'proud Chelsea dad' in among the home fans?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I never thought I’d say this but we could learn a thing or two from Huddersfield or even ....... okay I won’t say it.
They don’t seem to do red carpets there.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A mates girlfriend ask me at the game what I thought parents tell their kids about the swearing they hear..?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I disagree with some the kid involved is not obsessed with the Albion as I was as a kid. Something's gone wrong over the generations as far to many see the Albion as a second team or somewhere to go to see the 'big teams'.
Got to bite on this one. I deliver mail to a Spurs fan. He loved his team and watched then regularly. He has two boys who supported Spurs as well. He started to come to The Amex with his boys and they loved it. Next thing you know he buys his kids full kits to go to The Amex. Then (sadly imho) he started wearing full kit himself. Next he got season tickets for him and the boys and they also go to a few away games. I ask him who they would support when Spurs came to The Amex. His reply...."well the boys will wear their Brighton shirts on top of their Spurs shirts" which I thought was quite amusing.
Not so it seems to a lot on here.So don't we want these converted fans who pile shed loads of cash into the club just because they have not been Albion fans since day one? Would it be any surprise if one of these lads wanted Harry Kanes shirt upon Spurs visit. Who cares 90% of the time they support Albion and may do for the rest of their life. Who gives a flying f**ck if they want a shirt from a hero from another team. Not me that's for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here