Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Security cameras

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yesterday going into Lower West we were told to remove hats and keep them off until we were clear of the turnstiles so the cameras could capture a picture of each person. This has never happened before so has there been a problem of some description?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Think it’s more to do with you having a weapon or similar hidden under your hat.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Yesterday going into Lower West we were told to remove hats and keep them off until we were clear of the turnstiles so the cameras could capture a picture of each person. This has never happened before so has there been a problem of some description?

Yeah. I heard there was a small incident at the Palace league game. Nothing noteworthy, mind.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was rather bewildered as to why it should happen yesterday could it have been because it was Chelsea and fairly local,. It has never happened before at The Amex.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
This was done before the Palace cup match, in relation to the above mentioned Palace league match issues, where countless cowards concealed their faces which made identifying them more tricky.

Personally I don't have the slightest issue with it.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I have no issue with it and would agree that if it improves security by all means do it but just wondered why now after so long at The Amex.

Because of the Palace league game issues as mentioned above

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As you scanned your ticket a camera took your picture. So the club are building up a photo identity supporter base. Why they picked on WSL though...we are all terribly well behaved!

This was my thought that there had been abuse of the tickets and it was to check the correct person was using the ticket at some point in the future.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I think it's got something to do with the idiot who spends all his time trying to get behind the team trying to start songs and the like in the wsu , other fans have complained it's ruining their peace and quiet , the argus released a photofit of the suspect last week but i guess nobody reads it anymore .

norfolk-police-e-fit.jpg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Heard it was targetted IQ scanning but club concluded the equipment must be faulty when they saw the negative results

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here