Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BBC Form Guide

jeremyfisher

Dec 8, 2013
This form guide was from a BBC article on Watford but it makes for slightly depressing reading for us too. The next few games are all important!

Form Guide - last 11 matches.png

Also, part of the same article, there's a very interesting graph showing why clubs change managers so freely. Not that I think that's what we should do, but it's interesting nevertheless.

Average points.png

Here's the whole article if interested: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42765881

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We are on a bad run, but I was encouraged by aspects of the performance against Chelsea, if not the result.

We've not had the best of luck in some games and whilst you make your own luck, I think the tide will turn.

CH knows he has options now to vary play and I hope he continues to look at our attack strategy more than of defence. We created chances yesterday, and should have put them away. I believe that soon we'll start to see the capability in the team rewarded with some results we need, and deserve. The West Prom performance apart, we have not been playing badly given our arrival in a new league, and a league that is amongst the best in the world.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's a confidence game. Form is temporary but class is permanent! We unfortunately don't have the players to allow us to accomodate 3 players being off form.

As pressure builds it looks increasingly difficult to see any positives, if the fans feel it then so do the players

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We are on a bad run, but I was encouraged by aspects of the performance against Chelsea, if not the result.

We've not had the best of luck in some games and whilst you make your own luck, I think the tide will turn.

CH knows he has options now to vary play and I hope he continues to look at our attack strategy more than of defence. We created chances yesterday, and should have put them away. I believe that soon we'll start to see the capability in the team rewarded with some results we need, and deserve. The West Prom performance apart, we have not been playing badly given our arrival in a new league, and a league that is amongst the best in the world.

Assume you didn't go to Huddersfield.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Doesn't look good does it.

No, it doesn't. To the outsider looking in, it calls for only one thing.
With 42 points still to play for, would a fresh approach/outlook make any difference or do you stick with a manager whose tactics initially appeared to be working but have now foundered due to caution and inflexibility. Fans that are still expecting survival, are anticipating new players, an upturn in form and confidence and a new more dynamic managerial approach. Others less positive are less reassured that this is going to happen.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
With 42 points still to play for, would a fresh approach/outlook make any difference or do you stick with a manager whose tactics initially appeared to be working but have now foundered due to caution and inflexibility. Fans that are still expecting survival, are anticipating new players, an upturn in form and confidence and a new more dynamic managerial approach. Others less positive are less reassured that this is going to happen.

The new guys are more attacking as are a couple of the squad built over the summer.
It would seem like the plan could be about to change.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I think we're 50/50 for the drop. Should we survive, CH will have done a better job than last season, and the squad will continue slowly evolving. Should we go down I know of no better manager to get us back up. We have to be looking at the Dyche/Burnley model IMO (and yes I've been critical of our approach recently)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think we're 50/50 for the drop. Should we survive, CH will have done a better job than last season, and the squad will continue slowly evolving. Should we go down I know of no better manager to get us back up. We have to be looking at the Dyche/Burnley model IMO (and yes I've been critical of our approach recently)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
totally agree Norwich sacked the mamanger and look what's happened they having to sell players. Keep the faith. Don't panic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here