Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton v Spurs

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Thought Stains were crap TBH,and Spuds should have slaughtered them.

I could not disagree more! Southampton held Spurs by attacking them, in fact Southampton probably deserved the win taking the whole game into consideration, Spurs had no real idea of how to break Southampton down.

Even the commentator made a reference to Southampton's best form of defence is attack.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Saints v Albion game is now a true '6 Pointer'.

I fear for us after watching this weekends games.

Why do you fear for us especially? There's nothing to fear. Let's just get on with it and get the result we need.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Whilst I agree and totally understand all other teams results that can benefit us is great, I would be far happier if we were controlling our own destiny..............i really dont want to be sat here on the last day of the season needing other teams to lose so we stay up! my aged heart would not stand it :lol: :lol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Spurs didn’t look all that when we played them but we went there with the intention of scraping a 0-0 draw and showed no intent at all, even when we went a goal down to a lucky deflection. If you don’t even try and take the game to a team the best you can hope for is to repel wave after wave of attack and hope for a 0-0 or a lucky breakaway if you have the players with the spirit to go for it, which we didn’t. Once we went 2 down it was all over.

Really hope Locadia gives us the outlet in attack we’ve been missing in most games so far.

So do I but the shambles of our defence yesterday suggests that we have problems at both ends and that spells big trouble. We spent weeks and weeks ' preserving ' our goal difference, with tight, negative displays under the impression that it could benefit us in the long run. Now it is the 4th worst in the division and getting worse by the week. So much for that gameplan.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Whilst I agree and totally understand all other teams results that can benefit us is great, I would be far happier if we were controlling our own destiny..............i really dont want to be sat here on the last day of the season needing other teams to lose so we stay up! my aged heart would not stand it :lol: :lol:

For weeks now, fans have been concentrating on other results and overlooking our terminal slide down the table. A comfortable gap has narrowed to one point and an inferior GD. Time to face up to reality.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The Saints v Albion game is now a true '6 Pointer'.

Not as important as WBA.
We had a chance to maintain or increase our substantial lead over them and make it very difficult for them and Swansea to catch us. The more clubs cast adrift the better. That one inept display has closed up the whole bottom section of the table and has made it even more difficult for us to finish above 3 clubs. Saints are better than us and will finish above us. The West Brom game was pivotal and we blew it.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Watching Spurs it reminded me of our pattern of play. Slow build up, backward passing. Compare with Liverpool and Chelsea’s fast ,direct attack. I thought Southampton deserved their draw if not a win. Tough away match awaits us.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I could not disagree more! Southampton held Spurs by attacking them, in fact Southampton probably deserved the win taking the whole game into consideration, Spurs had no real idea of how to break Southampton down.

Even the commentator made a reference to Southampton's best form of defence is attack.
TP in "getting it completely and utterly wrong again" non shocker. [emoji23]

Perhaps you've not noticed this pattern yet when he posts about ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here