Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] CH Post match interviews

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Listening to CH after the game I thought that we were at different games as he said that the 4-0 score didnt reflect the game I thought that we were totally outplayed, as they were too quick and too skilfull for us to stand any chance and did well to keep it down to 4-0 . Just a different view I suppose.
What game were you at then because it doesn't appear to have been BHA v Chelsea?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Listening to CH after the game I thought that we were at different games as he said that the 4-0 score didnt reflect the game I thought that we were totally outplayed, as they were too quick and too skilfull for us to stand any chance and did well to keep it down to 4-0 . Just a different view I suppose.

Big chances (50% conversion) would have made the score 2.5 - 4 so we lost out on chances even if we could shoot/head straight. Disallowed two of the most blatant penalties I have ever seen. 2-4 or 3-4 would have been fair.

Chelsea's pretty passing game was easy on the eye and produced dividends twice. Running into space spends too much energy and they could not keep it up for the whole game and did not need to. They were a bit late to discover that the Albion system was actually more vulnerable to the accurate long ball and that we missed Bruno in defence.

Hindsight: I wonder if man-marking Hazard would have worked?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Got eyes Referee ?

They were a different class to us but we were right in the frame for about 50 mins after the second goal. could they have stepped it up if we had pulled a couple of goals back? Almost certainly but we gave a good account of ourselves for most of the game. What is important to me is that we still have spirit. Heads only dropped after the third goal.

Their first goal was world class btw, I am not pointing the finger at any Albion players. You would probably have to go to Barcelona to see the next goal of that quality.

I don’t bother with CH interviews, they are just plain dull and he’s never says anything very interesting.

CH interviews. He has an amazing quality of looking informative without saying anything revealing much at all. Understatement does not give much media controversy. Quite clear about the penalties,

Penalties: two highly professional deliberate fouls of such skill they were made to look like accidents. cf: the subtle nudge in the back as a striker prepares to shoot, propelling him into a forward dive.

PS: Chelsea weren't even in control of the game for the most part.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Did you not notice the two penalty appeals turned down - both good shouts and one of which looked nailed on. We also hit the post and Caballero had some decent saves to make. They were better than us, but not 4-0s worth.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As I mentioned in another thread, I believe if we got and scored the first penalty Chelsea would have just cut through us to score more in the first half and slap down any resistance we had.

We've seen games where one team has a lot possession, but it's in their own half or in the middle third where it's no threat to the team without the ball and they can sit back and wait for the attack. Such is the gulf in class, Chelsea could let us play it around their box and not get too scared. Sure we hit the woodwork, and should have had at least one penalty, but as a team, they were at least 4 goals better than us.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
IMHO at half time it could have been 2-2 but just as easily 4-0 We could and should have had a penalty when the keeper tripped Schelotto, I dont think the 2nd one was penalty. Had we got that penalty with Cabellero in their goal I wouldnt have bet on Hemed scoring. We could have had a goal in which looked like a good save from the keeper but in essence was a poor point blank header from Hemed who had the whole goal to aim at and should have scored. It grieves me to say it as I cannot stand Chelsea but they were very good and it was just a matter of time until they would get the 3rd goal. I think they took us apart more easily than Liverpool did.

From Mignolet saving from Murray to the ball in the back of our net - 14.4 seconds.....
They scored 5, Chelsea only 4. Our one reply was dubious. No penalty appeals turned down and any half-way decent attacking move from us totally nullified......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I mentioned in another thread, I believe if we got and scored the first penalty Chelsea would have just cut through us to score more in the first half and slap down any resistance we had.

We've seen games where one team has a lot possession, but it's in their own half or in the middle third where it's no threat to the team without the ball and they can sit back and wait for the attack. Such is the gulf in class, Chelsea could let us play it around their box and not get too scared. Sure we hit the woodwork, and should have had at least one penalty, but as a team, they were at least 4 goals better than us.

Exactly my view they seemed to be playing well within themselves and could have upped the rate whenever they wanted. Perhaps the score should have finished 2-6

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here