Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Baldock

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Today's formation would have been perfect for him - we kept playing balls in to the channels only to watch tomer get skinned by their defenders. We seem to think we have to have a big lump up front, but see no reason not to play Sam up there - it's not like our long balls up to hemed for him to flick on to no one are an effective tactic...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Today's formation would have been perfect for him - we kept playing balls in to the channels only to watch tomer get skinned by their defenders. We seem to think we have to have a big lump up front, but see no reason not to play Sam up there - it's not like our long balls up to hemed for him to flick on to no one are an effective tactic...

He should have come and not Murray IMHO.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Really surprised he didn't come on.

Well actually no I'm not.
I knew full well that Murray would come on for Hemed and Izquierdo for March.

What I meant to say was, what exactly does Sam have to do to get some decent match time?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This Baldock thing is a real mystery. Why is he not getting more minutes when he is a fully fit first team striker and we can’t score goals?

I know some will say stop looking for conspiracy theories which is fair enough but there must be more to it now surely?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
leave? (not my preference i hasten to add)

Sadly this is the case. He was excellent when he came on for Brown against Palace.
Really needed to be given a decent run out after that performance.

As others have said, the balls into the channels yesterday would have been meat and drink to him... For Hemed? ... not so much

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Th game was crying out for it in fact , it was so obvious that a hold up target man wasn’t needed but a quick player to run the channels and get in behind .

I would have even been happy to replace Hemed with Izquierdo if Baldock is in the naughty seat for some reason .

Hemed worked really hard yesterday , so no criticism of him , but to then bring on Murray was baffling and worrying that our manager couldn’t see what everybody else could

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Th game was crying out for it in fact , it was so obvious that a hold up target man wasn’t needed but a quick player to run the channels and get in behind .

I would have even been happy to replace Hemed with Izquierdo if Baldock is in the naughty seat for some reason .

Hemed worked really hard yesterday , so no criticism of him , but to then bring on Murray was baffling and worrying that our manager couldn’t see what everybody else could

After his alleged exchange of opinions at half time with CH at West Brom I suggest the José is also on the Hughton naughty step too at the moment.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
After his alleged exchange of opinions at half time with CH at West Brom I suggest the José is also on the Hughton naughty step too at the moment.

This must be the case. The substitution of Jose was mystifying, and whilst Solly did well yesterday, I struggle to see why he was left out again.

He never seems to be given the chance to get any momentum going in terms of games.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don’t like the way CH is freezing him out - can’t be good for the together vibe

I have absolutely no insider knowledge, but, it does appear that Sam has mightily upset CH. To not get more or less any game time, when in several games it's obvious he is what we're missing.
I can't remember which game it was, but I noticed the body language between them was very frosty, no eye contact ect

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Our two best chances of the game were crosses that came to Hemed and Propper. Don't think Sam would have got too near either of them, nor do I think he would have got much change out of the Chelsea defence on the ground.
Fair alternative view to those above.

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
I have absolutely no insider knowledge, but, it does appear that Sam has mightily upset CH. To not get more or less any game time, when in several games it's obvious he is what we're missing.
I can't remember which game it was, but I noticed the body language between them was very frosty, no eye contact ect

I agree - seems odd with Hughton though as would have thought he’s the sort of character to rise above it

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I find it very hard to believe that CH is potentially putting the clubs Premier League survival at risk because he has sort of beef with Baldock and/or Jose.

However, i do wish he would give Baldock a chance.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

That's shite from Hughton if true. The guy has pace to burn shown in the Bournemouth game, he is an attacker, for God sake let him attack. March is used because he tracks back but imo he is also very weak when defending and can't be trusted.

Yesterday March got in some good positions but lacked the pace to go past the defender and his final ball/decision is often lacking.

I agree there was no need for carthorses upfront yesterday. I would have played Baldock, Izquierdo and Knocy/March upfront in a 343 formation. Use pace funnily enough just as Chelsea do.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

somethings we agree on...the 5 3 2 would have worked better with pace at the front...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Our two best chances of the game were crosses that came to Hemed and Propper. Don't think Sam would have got too near either of them, nor do I think he would have got much change out of the Chelsea defence on the ground.

I don't think that Sam should necessarily be starting.
However why he isn't coming on as a substitute to offer something different and to increase his match fitness, is beyond me.

At 0-2 yesterday after 70 minutes of not finding a way through...... on come like for like changes.
Why not roll the dice, try something different?

We have some variations available to us we should use them IMO. Otherwise what was the point of extending his contract?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here