Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Baldock

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
According to a friend of mine in the footballing realm - Wigan are in for our Sam. Wages could well be a stumbling block however, but they are definitely interested :thumbsup:

I'll drive him there myself.

Do I need a different licence for one of these?:-

article-2357277-1AAFB742000005DC-356_634x424.jpg

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I reckon he'll go as well.

Without Rosenior, Sidwell, maybe Goldson and Baldock, our Home Grown Player numbers are being devastated !

No chance Dunk could go in these circumstances - and Krul and Walton will both have to be in the 25 at this rate of attrition.

Best recruit Nick Powell and Aden Flint asap.

Actually perhaps Powell and Baldock is a swap....

Give them Baldock on a perm and Walton on loan for the season, they give us Powell. Job done!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Naylor reckons Baldock has a higher chance of staying than Hemed, and another new striker not likely.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/16264612.Third_spell_at_Albion_unlikely_for_Ulloa/

Hemed is similar to Murray, both slow and physical so cause defenders a problem. I cannot see space in the squad for both. We are much more likely to have Baldock as the 4th striker than Hemed but I could also see us signing another striker and letting both Hemed & Baldock go

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like Baldock but seeing he is injury prone and couldn’t get a sniff of the first team last season I don’t see him playing more, now we have added two more permanent strikers. Shame I would like to have seen him get a run personally.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Any criticism of Baldock is extremely unfair. He was integral to the promotion season: dynamic, made Murray/Hemed better and scored some cracking goals both home and away. I would like to think that if we play with slightly less caution next year he could play a role, but realistically I think he'll move on to pastures new for more game time.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
A fit and in form Baldock would be a decent backup to have. He has pace and my impression is that he doesn't lose his head when in front of goal meaning a decent goal to shot ratio, but I have no evidence for that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Any criticism of Baldock is extremely unfair. He was integral to the promotion season: dynamic, made Murray/Hemed better and scored some cracking goals both home and away. I would like to think that if we play with slightly less caution next year he could play a role, but realistically I think he'll move on to pastures new for more game time.

You seem to have forgotten that he performed in The Championship and we are now in The Premier a totally different story. From The Argus it seems our further interest in Ulloa has dropped off.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I like SB one of my favourite players hope he gets some more game time this season.

I agree with that. It's not his fault he has been injured and I still remember the speed and positivity he played with when we secured promotion. He is largely untested in the Premier so I would say keep him and see how it pans out.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Do you not want to stay up? He’s not a premier league striker. Come on.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

So you are basing that on his performance when? He's faster than Murray and has a cooler head than Knockaert.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Baldock was inconsistent in the championship nevermind we're now in the prem.He needs to move on as he'll never be in our plans for next season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Not a lot of evidence to back that up though, 30 mins vs WBA?

Given our system it is difficult to justify keeping him though, and he is 4th choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
He may end up being stuck here as we need him for the last HGP.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here