Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 4 Game Season coming up

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
It’s been happening all season. Rebounds keep falling to the opposition’s feet from clearances and rebounds in the area. Bournemouth’s equaliser at the Amex did it three or four times, yet very very seldom do they fall to our attacker’s feet. In fairness the more players you have running into the box the more likely it is to happen. Hence my comment that you do actually have to make your own luck. Bournemouth had loads of players running in on the ball for their equaliser as we back pedalled.
While watching the Arsenal vs Palarse game on MOTD last night nearly every time Arsenal attacked there were 6 or 7 of their players in or around Palarse's box. Stands to reason there is more chance of getting the ball into the net.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I think we might need a big dose of something we haven’t had any of this season to start to turn this season around. Luck has deserted us. In fairness we had huge slices of it last season. Do you make your own luck? In which case we need to do it pretty damned quick.

Have to agree with you that luck does not seem to be on our side this season. That second Bournemouth goal on New Years Day repeatedly replays on my mind as the ball trickles into the net. Two points lost to a bit of luck that we could do with.

No such thing as luck over a season

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
One problem - we need to score a goal to win a game. Can you really seeing us score more than 1 or 2 over these four games?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If we don't get some points in the next 4 games we're done for

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Driving back to the West Country thinking realistically we need to win our next 4 games against our relegation rivals to give ourselves a decent chance of pulling clear of the bottom group
Stains, West Ham, Stoke and Swansea
Anything less than 8 points from those games and we may be struggling to claw our way out not unless teams below us now hopefully go into meltdown

Prediction: I had 5 points and relegation on the last day of the season by 1 point. So we would need 6 pts to escape. However, after this weekend we need at least 7 points and that is running the margins a bit fine.
That puts the Southampton game as better not lose, but still in with a dog's chance if we do.

Dog's chance is winning at Palace.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A draw at Southampton to start the points total ticking over again, and a wonderful home win v West Ham and we are back on track.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Can not believe people are saying "if we play like we did against Chelsea we will be okay"

What!? We lost 4-0. Our defence was all over the place. I'd much rather we play like we did at Old Trafford.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can not believe people are saying "if we play like we did against Chelsea we will be okay"

What!? We lost 4-0. Our defence was all over the place. I'd much rather we play like we did at Old Trafford.

I think people mean play like that against the bottom sides, i.e. teams without World Class players like Eden Hazard.

No one would've stopped their second goal, it was phenomenal. The way we played between 10 mins and 80 mins would see us beat most of the bottom 12 pretty comfortably.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Not every team will have Willian and Hazard back healing their way through us. If we manage to not be 2 nil down against another team in the first 5 mins, play like we did between minutes 6 and 76, we will win some games. Not good to lose 4-0, but not good to be unable to see that it was not a reflection of the actual game either.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lay off the drink

6 points really is not a disaster, but still leaving a lot to do.

We will still have Leicester and Huddersfield at home after that, with also Arsenal, Spurs & MU. 7 pts from those 5, and we'll be on 36, hoping we can also avoid defeat at the very least away to maybe 2 of Everton, Palace and Burnley.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We will still have Leicester and Huddersfield at home after that, with also Arsenal, Spurs & MU. 7 pts from those 5, and we'll be on 36.

Our results against those teams so far this season have yielded zero points. It would be bucking the trend by a fair bit to even get 3-4 points from those games.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Our results against those teams so far this season have yielded zero points. It would be bucking the trend by a fair bit to even get 3-4 points from those games.

Getting to 38 points, or whatever is always bucking the trend somewhere. You are going to lose pretty much half your games. Somewhere along the line you'll have to pick up points against teams that have beat you. Swansea won't have been expecting to beat Liverpool, 3 weeks after losing 5-0 to them...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Driving back to the West Country thinking realistically we need to win our next 4 games against our relegation rivals to give ourselves a decent chance of pulling clear of the bottom group
Stains, West Ham, Stoke and Swansea
Anything less than 8 points from those games and we may be struggling to claw our way out not unless teams below us now hopefully go into meltdown

If we won our next four games it wouldn't be a decent chance, we'd be safe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here