Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 4 Game Season coming up

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Our results against those teams so far this season have yielded zero points. It would be bucking the trend by a fair bit to even get 3-4 points from those games.

that's true but we were unlucky not to take a point at old trafford and whilst spurs were better than us they won because of a fluke and an own goal... Leicester we did not look like trying. Arsenal were better but no Sanchez now. Did not go Huddersfield (thankfully) so who knows some points should be achievable, maybe 4 or 5...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Season opens with a point and a painful listen at Southampton.

Need a good performance and a decent win on Saturday.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Season opens with a point and a painful listen at Southampton.

Need a good performance and a decent win on Saturday.

Feeling pretty flat after tonight. Really really need to pull a result and a decent performance out the bag on Saturday to lift the club, I think. Get some momentum going into the next two vital 6 pointers.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Yup 7 points is what I was thinking when I saw this 4 game stretch we have.

Still on target if we can win both of our home games, although today's performance hardly inspired me with any confidence that we will be able to do that

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
So draw the next 2, beat Swansea, 29 points after 28 games and we're relegated?

Maybe, maybe not, still all to play for.

We'd be in very deep trouble if we aren't at 30 points or a minimum 29 with favourable results, after this run of four games. I can see the argument people have of getting 5 points instead and going unbeaten in this run, stopping other teams from gaining ground on us, but we just need the best tally more than anything and shouldn't be relying on other teams staying down there, as we've seen that they can turn the corner out of nowhere.

Following our next three, the only winnable home game we have IMO is Huddersfield, which will be the proverbial six pointer of potential doom. Leicester to me are a free hit where anything more than a point would be outstanding, and the rest of our home games are all against top six who we have the worst record in the division against and cannot be relied upon to even get a point against.

Away from home we have Stoke, Burnley, Palace and maybe Everton on an off day as realistic games, one of which is of course a derby match and as such is an unknown quantity. Stoke is the best proposition for another away win this season, if we don't beat them I think we could be looking at going the rest of season winless away from the AMEX, which is relegation material.

Sadly it looks like we are paying the price for several missed opportunities earlier in the season (Muff H, Burnley H, Everton H, Watford A) that people initially thought wouldn't matter too much, and further slip ups have to be at a premium, the margin for error is so narrow now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We'd be in very deep trouble if we aren't at 30 points or a minimum 29 with favourable results, after this run of four games.
Right, so our season wouldn't be over then?

we just need the best tally more than anything
Obviously.
and shouldn't be relying on other teams staying down there, as we've seen that they can turn the corner out of nowhere.
We're not relying on anything, we are getting the best tally we can, it's just not a big tally, as it's difficult for us to get points.
Following our next three, the only winnable home game we have IMO is Huddersfield
So Leicester isn't even a winnable game?
Leicester to me are a free hit where anything more than a point would be outstanding
Wait, so now it is winnable?

Stoke is the best proposition for another away win this season, if we don't beat them I think we could be looking at going the rest of season winless away from the AMEX, which is relegation material.
Yep, we may well get relegated. It's not over already if we get 5 points from the next 3 though.

Sadly it looks like we are paying the price for several missed opportunities earlier in the season (Muff H, Burnley H, Everton H, Watford A) that people initially thought wouldn't matter too much
Did many people think it wouldn't matter? Most knew we'd be in a relegation battle.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Don`t get this ....We and the team need to believe every game is winnable...Swansea have just beaten Arsenal and Liverpool !!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don`t get this ....We and the team need to believe every game is winnable...Swansea have just beaten Arsenal and Liverpool !!!

The problem is, the manager doesn't believe that every game is winnable.

Drawable maybe. But not winnable.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Am I the only one who finds Chris Hughton,s pre-match sound bites far too complimentary about the strengths of the opposition.

Always seems to be giving too much respect and optimism to our immediate opponents.

The element of fear in our team starts right there.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Its very worrying if you look out our remaining fixtures in isolation, but when you look at all 8 teams in the relegation battle at once, its comforting to see that they don't have it any easier than us. Lots of tough games for everyone and plenty of six pointers, which is where the relegation battle will be won and lost.

relegation battle.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2 games into this 4 game season.

Let's stuff Stoke now, before the *Must Win* v Swansea.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Looking at all our relegation rivals matches next weekend, not many are going to pick up any points.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not expecting too much from next Saturday - a helpful point would be good - before the next "Must Win Cup Final" v Swansea.

6 points v Swansea and Huddersfield are crucial, and it would be a massive bonus to not lose at Stoke.

That would give us 34 points and nearly over the line.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
I've been having a look at our tough run in and clutching at reasons to be optimistic.

We really need Spurs and Man Utd to do well in the Champions League.

We are scheduled to play Spurs on the 21st April. The Champions League semi final 1st legs are to be played on the 24th & 25th.
We've got Man Utd. On the 5th May, with the Champions League semi final 2nd legs due to be played on 1st & 2nd.

With a bit of luck both of them will have one eye on reaching the final and we might catch them off guard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here