Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best opposing player at the Amex (so far)

Who smashed us hardest?!

• Philippe Coutinho

Votes: 52 30.2%
  • Eden Hazard

Votes: 106 61.6%
  • Kevin de Bruyne

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Roberto Firmino

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am dithering about 3 either Hazard DeBryne or Coutinho , I think that I will head towards Hazard as I thought that he was masterful today. All 3 destroyed us.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Personally, I thought Coutinho was in a world of his own. Hazard made a mess of us today but in a far more subtle way, his one touch shifting the ball out of our way was incredible. And his change of pace to get away from people is frightening, perfectly balanced and as fast with the ball as without.

What a player, but we made a massive mistake not having Kayal in the team to get in his face from the start.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think today gave us the best ever performance by an opposing player - take a bow, Jon Moss.

954406be_d016_49eb_98b9_d3785c271013.jpg

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Hazard all day long

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Coutinho was the best player I've seen in the flesh since a Man Utd game at Upton Park years back I got a ticket for when Ronaldo was playing.

I can't recall in 30 years of watching Albion of seeing us against a better player than Coutinho. Different class what he could do with a football.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Poll only needs two names, Coutinho and Hazard. 50/50 for me, both unplayable.

This. I've been telling people up to now that Coutinho is the best footballer I've ever seen at a live game. Hazard was his equal today. I've also seen Messi and Iniesta in the flesh since the Liverpool game and couldn't split their performances with a fag paper either. I've seen all four within a period of a few months and all of them have left me open mouthed at their skill, decision making, vision, creativity and general dominance of the game.

Iniesta was f***ed after 70 minutes though which puts the other three slightly ahead :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Murray. It was Murray. FFS.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Tough call between Coutinho and Hazard

Giving it to Coutinho as he doesn’t go down so easy...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hazard ripped us apart...pity he can't rid himself of that touch of sulkiness and a tendency to act as if he's been shot..but then he isn't alone in that department

IMG_0343.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here