Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poyet new Bordeaux manager

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He did well but you have to admit he turned into a proper knob towards the end.

Oh he did, the constant "They're (insert bigger club here) a great club, a big club etc." monologues became increasingly hard to stomach... but prior to becoming entrenched in his oft verbose 'other club' statements, well he was a top, top Albion manger. One of the best.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Oh he did, the constant "They're (insert bigger club here) a great club, a big club etc." monologues became increasingly hard to stomach... but prior to becoming entrenched in his oft verbose 'other club' statements, well he was a top, top Albion manger. One of the best.
Tony's take on it all was interesting listening. Poyet could of had it all here I wonder if he regrets it.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Tony's take on it all was interesting listening. Poyet could of had it all here I wonder if he regrets it.

I reckon he's a bit too arrogant to consider the wrongs he may have committed... BUT, sometimes late a night, sitting on his veranda, whilst the Mediterranean breeze gently caresses his hair and he sips a nice red... Perhaps he asks himself; what if? what if I hadn't been such a massive tit?

Yep - I think he could have been an utter legend if he'd been ever so slightly more restrained, but that's not him and his football betrays, rather poetically, all you need to know about Gustavo Poyet.

Stubborn beauty.

Last edited:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I think that we would have beaten them and was more thinking of how we would have done in The Premier under him with players that he had brought in rather than a squad left him as per Sunderland.

Agreed. Watford froze on the big stage against Palace. To be fair, their dramatic semi final win against Leicester made the final almost an unwelcome extention to their season in a strange way.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Is Charlie with Gus as their club website hasnt been been updated to include Gus and wiki shows CO as being in China.

I saw Charlie in a well known supermarket the other day - he said he was waiting for the call from France!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
He could have had it all here , silly boy .

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
That's was a brilliant game... 2-0 up in about 5 mins, Murray and Forster causing loads of problems... Dicker (Crofts, ahem, edit) with the third. Sublime, given our respective form prior to then.

I, personally, wish him well. The best football I've witnessed (at times), and some brilliant results under his leadership.

I suspect he sees this as a big opportunity to get back on the map, I doubt he'll blow this one so readily.

One of those games that was so memorable that I can remember exact and vivid details of where I was and what I was doing (in the Hare and Hounds back when it was spit & sawdust, drinking cheap Fosters on that raised bit at the back with a massive pull down screen showing the match and about 2 other people in there apart from me and the lady who was to become Mrs MBH very soon after we first got together)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
One of those games that was so memorable that I can remember exact and vivid details of where I was and what I was doing (in the Hare and Hounds back when it was spit & sawdust, drinking cheap Fosters on that raised bit at the back with a massive pull down screen showing the match and about 2 other people in there apart from me and the lady who was to become Mrs MBH very soon after we first got together)

I know... it was a real turn corner, dear diary moment. Nice work too, re meeting your other half! What a night to remember.

The only thing - Fosters?!? I guess it was that or Carling Black Label, huh?!?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Bordeaux lost at home today 2-0

Haven't scored in their last 3 home games

Just 1 goal in the last 5 matches

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here